Tent recommendations please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 30 Mar 2019

I'm looking at buying a new tent, mainly for my wife and I for weekends trips in the UK and much longer trips to the Alps.  Car camping so size is not too much of an issue.  I have had the same Karrimor Sigma 3 man tent for about 15 years, it's been great but time for something I can stand up in!  

So what I'm after is respectable head room, able to withstand a a decent storm,  big enough for 2 people to comfortably live and cook in for a week or two if it's raining every day.  Looking at future proofing so if a little one appears then big enough to cater for that as well.  Price is not too much of an issue as I figure it's an investment for the next decade or so!  What I don't want is a cheap crappy go outdoors £100 special that will fall apart at the first sight of a breeze! 

Any ideas are most welcome,

Thanks

Simon

In reply to maybe_si:

If price is genuinely no issue, the Asgard Tech Mini had me drooling when I stumbled across it.

" The Asgard Tech Mini incorporates both brand-new features such as the Nordisk Technical Hybrid fabric concept along with classic designs."

https://nordisk.eu/asgard-tech-mini/sand/p/589

I can't afford one though.

Pkrynicki1984 31 Mar 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

Alpkit Zhota , I love mine ! 

pasbury 31 Mar 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

Check out the Dutch brands like Robens Esvo etc. Canvas, heavy, long lasting, comfy in the hot and cold. I have an outwell canvas tent and it is very bulky and heavy but once up it’s very comfortable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...