Multi fuel stove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 18 Mar 2019

Looking for recommendations for a multi fuel stove.

Bit of background stove going into an old stone cottage opening is 1200mm wide, stove needs to be around the 6-7 kw mark and not in a smoke exempt location so don’t necessarily have to get a DEFRA approved stove.

was looking at a aga Ludlow but open to real world recommendations.

In reply to ffati:

I have a Jotul multi fuel stove which was in house when I bought it. I recently went to a stove shop to get the bits to convert it from wood burner to multi fuel and discussed getting another for a different room. The shop owner said that they are (in his opinion) one of the best brands and not to be seduced by cheaper brands as the build quality is much worse.

The stove I have is excellent (an F3) They also do more contemporary models if traditional is not your bag.

I have no experience of any other brands, except I have been frustrated trying to light poorly installed wood burners on many occasions so i would say installation is almost as important

shuffle 18 Mar 2019
In reply to ffati:

I have a Dunsley and have been really happy with it. Really good quality and made in Yorkshire too, which pleases me greatly

Removed User 18 Mar 2019
In reply to ffati:

Coalbrookdale 7   35 years and another 30 year's left in it... Ho forgot its on its 2nd ash pan + couple of glass's

Mark Edwards 18 Mar 2019
In reply to ffati:

The charnwood slx 20 has a similar spec. I have the 45 as it runs the central heating.

Solidly built and well supported.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...