SHOW REPORT: ISPO 2019 - Best in Show

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 06 Feb 2019
ISPO 2019 top 10 montageThe annual ISPO outdoor trade show has just wrapped up for 2019. Among the many new products shown to us by attending brands, a number caught our attention in particular...

Read more
 alimckay 06 Feb 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Nice to see Rab finally making the move to GoreTex

Misha 06 Feb 2019

Very interested to see a review and general user feedback on the new Phantom Tech, especially sole durability and warmth. The soles on my ones wore out very quickly and to their credit Scarpa replaced them free of charge with a more durable and slightly heavier sole (seems tougher so far but it’s early days). I also find that I get cold feet on belays sometimes so a bit more warmth would be welcome. Great boot already though. 

Does the Broom come in a left handed model? 

lithos 07 Feb 2019
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

does it come in a women's version ?

Removed User 07 Feb 2019

The modular Dart is really interesting! However this feels like the Lynx became obsolete.

rachcrewe 07 Feb 2019
In reply to Removed UserDocLemurian:

The Lynx still has it's place as a 12 point crampon, whilst the dart looked to be a bit more minimalist in terms of build but it's true that there are a lot of similarities between the two. One benefit of the Lynx is that you can put a Flex Toe bail on them to use them without a toe-welt (or when yours has run out). This is useful for those of us who struggle with availability of B3 boots. I forgot to ask if the Dart would have the same adaptable toe bails.

HeMa 07 Feb 2019
In reply to rachcrewe:

> I forgot to ask if the Dart would have the same adaptable toe bails.

I'm almost certain it will, atleast all the previous Petzl crampons have been compatible with them, including the old Dart/Dartwin.

In reply to rachcrewe:

> I forgot to ask if the Dart would have the same adaptable toe bails.

In a rare moment of trade show lucidity I did, and the answer was yes - they do.

#teamwork

rachcrewe 07 Feb 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Good to know you were paying attention. I think I was too busy trying to work out how many times you could walk on Cairngorm Granite in the Leopard.... Good news for me and my small feet. Woop!

rachcrewe 07 Feb 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I actually asked Dan if we could do a Lamé Jacket group test... he didn't seem so keen. 

In reply to rachcrewe:

He's such a stick in the mud...

jimtitt 07 Feb 2019

Shocking to see you promoting the use of a broom with plastic covered handle, moulded plastic head and plastic bristles which will wear producing micro-plastic in the water when perfectly adequate natural products with FSC certification are available

In reply to jimtitt:

> Shocking to see you promoting the use of a broom with plastic covered handle, moulded plastic head and plastic bristles which will wear producing micro-plastic in the water when perfectly adequate natural products with FSC certification are available

I am more shocked to see that it was me welding the broom when there were five other much younger and fitter employees sat at the table having a coffee!

Alan

jimtitt 07 Feb 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> I am more shocked to see that it was me welding the broom when there were five other much younger and fitter employees sat at the table having a coffee!

> Alan

Put that down to poor management skills or a lack of corporate teamwork

I hope you noticed that I didnt ask why an environmentally concious company had a car at all in a city with an excellent public transport system which delivers you the exhibition centre for free

In reply to jimtitt:

> I hope you noticed that I didnt ask why an environmentally concious company had a car at all in a city with an excellent public transport system which delivers you the exhibition centre for free

ah, that would be because our accommodation was 30 mins outside the city.

Alan

hutchymh 18 Feb 2019

Anyone seen any pictures of these new Mont-Blanc's that are mentioned?

Can't seem to find any anywhere!

In reply to hutchymh:

The video report went live earlier today: https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/trade_show_reports/ispo_2019_-_new_footwear...

I think I've got some more pics on record, so will get those uploaded shortly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...