sleeping bags for Toubkal in July & Annapurna

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
bipolarbob 28 Jan 2019

Hi, 

totally new to sleeping bags so need some advice.

Me and the missus are walking up (organised trip) Mount Toubkal in July this year AND the Annapurna region in Feb next year.  So ill need sleeping bags, but i want one that'll do both regions (cant afford to be buying 2sets), 

Just need help and recommendations.  Am looking at the Alphakit Skyehigh 900 as its a good price at the moment.

thanks

phizz4 28 Jan 2019
In reply to bipolarbob:

When we did Toubkal at Easter we camped below the hut, at 3,000 metres, and I used a 2 season down bag and was plenty warm enough with clothes on, so I would say that, in July that would be overkill. When I did the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek I used a 3 season down bag (camping again) and was just warm enough on the highest camps (at MBC), and we had snow overnight. That was in late October. If you are doing the Annapurna Circuit you go higher I believe so might need a 4 season. In July in Morocco you could use the 3 season like a duvet or sleep on top of it. It depends on whether you are in the hut or not.

bipolarbob 28 Jan 2019
In reply to phizz4:

hiya,

thanks for replying.  We are doing the Annapurna explorer with Intrepid Holidays which is about 4000m  

In Morocco we are staying in the huts. Im kinda thinking of using it in Morocco as a duvet or sleep on top of it.  I agree its an overkill bag for that time of year there, but dont want to invest in two bags..hence why im looking at the Alpkit one.

If you know of any others that may be of use then im open to recommendations..

thank you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...