dolomites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 thespecialone 12 Jan 2019

thinking of cortina as a base for some via ferratases, no car , what is the taxi service like to the low lying huts/cable car , ie puntana etc .any info welcome   

Jenny C 12 Jan 2019
In reply to thespecialone:

We had a car but speaking to others buses are pretty good. 

beardy mike 12 Jan 2019

I know this isn't the answer you want, but a car makes things lots easier. My friend who is visiting me t the moment has an opel Corsa for £80 for 10 days. That's going to be a couple of taxi rides...

OP thespecialone 13 Jan 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

thanks for that a car seems a good idea 

nutme 14 Jan 2019

Local buses are okey from Cortina or Canazei. Fast service and timetables tailored for cyclists and climbers. But they are expensive. Ticket from Cason Dei Caai to Cortina last summer was 6 euros per head for example. If you have a group of 2+ people it may be cheaper to rent a car. And it would allow you to stay outside Cortina in cheaper accomodation.

Post edited at 11:55
 LastBoyScout 15 Jan 2019

Having been there, for some routes, it's useful to have 2 cars, so you can leave one at the finish and drive to the start in the other. Don't forget the keys!

There are others you can walk to/from from Cortina, others are a bit of a trek, so you'll need to use a car/bus to get there.

RX-78 15 Jan 2019

I don't know about that area but my wife and I were travelling by PT in northern Italy near the lakes and had booked  an AirBnB in an Italian town. Got off the train and went to the taxi rank, no taxis, waited, none came, rang the number given, no answer. Back into the station to look around for any taxi info, none found. We finally got a lift to the place from going into a shop and asking around, the shopkeeper instructed one of his customers to give us a lift as he lived in the right direction.

ADJ85 15 Jan 2019

It's a great spot, have only got a taxi in winter up to the Folzarego Pass from Armentarola (about 10KM) it was 20euros.  The bus service is pretty again in winter not so sure about the summer, but would fully recommend car hire if you can drive. The drive is stunning and opens up loads of options.

Would highly recommend Via ferrata degli Alpini, it's new (2007) put by the Alpini troops as a training venue, has some nice exposure and brilliant step out around a corner

- https://www.planetmountain.com/english/trekking/ferrate/itineraries/scheda....

Ferrata Brigata Tridentina on the Gardena pass was also pretty good and there is a great camp site in Corvara.

- https://www.planetmountain.com/english/Trekking/ferrate/itineraries/scheda....

OP thespecialone 17 Jan 2019
In reply to ADJ85:

thanks for that greatly appreciated

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...