Waterproof Jacket need help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ReeceBCooper 10 Jan 2019

I a current outdoor sports student and spend a lot of my time out in The Peak District in all weather conditions. We can be hillwalking one minute then climbing the next as they are preparing us to be outdoor guides and leaders.

I was needing help looking for a waterproof jacket preferably under the £200 mark but can stretch. I'm wanting something to offer me protection and also something durable which would last as my current waterproof is not up to scratch as the hood isn't really helmet compatible and I have outgrown it. 

I was looking at the Mountain Equipment Janak jacket but I'm only a 34 inch chest and they didn't have a small in the colour I was looking at I was wondering if you guys and girls could help me out.

Jimbob11 10 Jan 2019
In reply to ReeceBCooper:

Janak is bombproof. 80 Denier, simplistic jacket, long cut and helmet compatible hood. I own one. Much prefer it to some other jackets I own. 

Can get them at some excellent deals. 

Flashman38 12 Jan 2019

Try Trekkit. They get the Janak made for them in exclusive colours not available elsewhere.

https://www.trekitt.co.uk/collection/exclusive-mountain-equipment-jackets

olddirtydoggy 13 Jan 2019

Add ME to your social media and wait for a factory sale at Hyde near Manchester. I picked up a top end jacket for my wife for £120 but sometimes they show up cheaper. Got a pair of Tupilak salopettes for 40 quid due to faulty zip, found no issue with them after a good test. Depends how 'now' you need them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...