France at Easter.....To book or not to book!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve Wetton 06 Jan 2019

Leaving  aside the rights and wrongs of this mess.......for us Easter is usually a time for a trip to Font, Gorge du Tarn, the Vercors, maybe Haute Provence, depending on time. Easter this year falls just after we exit the EU, and not being keen to spend a day each end of the trip at the ports......

Is this the year to rediscover former Easter venues like Pembroke and Cornwall?

girlymonkey 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Steve Wetton:

We vaguely discussed a trip to Barcelona last night, and decided we wouldn't think too seriously until after. 

Lantys Tarn 06 Jan 2019

Take a flight?

Post edited at 11:32
 mike lamb 06 Jan 2019

We  normally take the  eurotunnel for the family ski holiday at Easter, much easier with all the kit and getting around once there. 

We have just booked flights for this  Easter. 

Gone for good 06 Jan 2019
In reply to mike lamb:

Im facing a similiar dilemma along with Thousands of others taking part in the Tour of Flanders on the 6th April. I wonder how long it's going to take to clear the ferry ports on either side of the channel.....

Max factor 06 Jan 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

I can't decide which way this will go. Monumental clustf**k, or absolutely fine because a lot of people stay away and extra resources are being thrown at the problem. 

On balance I think the second.

tehmarks 07 Jan 2019
In reply to Max factor:

The 'Olympic' factor - where commuting in London during the 2012 Olympics was bizarre and surreally quiet, because everyone stayed away on the promise of mayhem.

That said, I'm leaning towards the former for this. Monumental cluster'ck without direction or leadership...or a clearly defined objective, or goal, or......and the extra resources being tasked include ferry companies who don't own or lease any vessels, or have any experience in operating ferries.

Trangia 07 Jan 2019

Do you seriously think anyone on this planet can answer your question right now!?

skog 07 Jan 2019

Obviously travel, particularly for tourism, will get sorted out adequately.

It's far from obvious that this will happen in time, though, so we're avoiding foreign travel for a month or two after the UK leaves the EU, as we don't have any specific need to go abroad during that time and there's lots to do here anyway.

That might be overly cautious, or may prove to be a very good idea; either way it's a good chance to explore some of the things we want to do in the UK.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...