recommend sports climbs for easy access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyE9 07 Dec 2018

Hi all ...  

Thought id put this one out there ..   

I haven't done much sports climbing, well not outside anyhow , Im looking to do some but wanted some recommendations for easy access ...  reason being , I normally climb trad with my daughter , but lately she has been busy and not been about much  , So I have been training my wife up lol and she is becoming a pretty good belayer  ...  

My wife isn't worried too much about climbing , and is unlikely to want to abb off any sea cliffs , so im looking for some really easy accessible climbs , dont mind walking in , prob have my young boys with us too..  

I was wondering if there was much on the south coast ? as im in kent ...  Tho don't mind a bit of a drive 

Thanks guys . . .    

jezb1 07 Dec 2018
In reply to AndyE9:

Dorset! Swanage and Portland have tons of stuff that fit the bill

Derry 07 Dec 2018
In reply to AndyE9:

sport

and yes, Portland is your ticket. some crags just a few minutes from the car, others a bit trickier. all ease of access is represented by the appropriate amount of polish.

Post edited at 23:41
OP AndyE9 08 Dec 2018
In reply to AndyE9:

Ok cheers , I did wonder about portland , I have climbed at swanage tho this was sea cliff trad and we had to abb off ..  

will deff check out portland , I can sail there and stop in the marina for a while , tho will have to walk up the the climbs ..  that would be something for the summer tho .. 

Think I will have a little visit there first ..  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...