Best camera

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Luke14 03 Dec 2018

This probably has been asked in the past but does anyone have any input for a compact camera (point and shoot style) that takes good quality pictures and preferably has WiFi ? Under £200.

Will be used for climbing as well as summer and winter mountaineering.

Cheers, Luke

Martin Bennett 03 Dec 2018
In reply to Luke14:

I like Canon Ixus series. I think they're now on Ixus 285 but you can find older models cheaper e.g. Ixus 230, 255, 265. Probably have to pay around £70 - £120. Model dependent they give 10 or 12 x zoom. Or move up to Canon Powershot SX280HS or similar. A bit bigger than the Ixus but also better quality and features. Should be picked up for £100 - £200?

I have one of each of the above and find them robust compared to my previous Panasonic Lumix TZ series - I kept breaking them!

I've just obtained at a bargain price a 2nd hand Canon Powershot S95. Too soon to pronounce on my preference or otherwise, but it's been a popular choice among climbers for some time due to its small size and fast lens. 3x zoom I think. More recent models include S100, S110 etc.

Can't speak from experience for any other makes except Olympus - I found their compacts a few years ago not quite to match up to their classic 35mm SLR for instance. By the way I'm no expert, just a happy snapper.

Post edited at 13:14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...