Rab waterproof. Any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
keithyboy 17 Nov 2018

Hi folks. I’m new on here. I just have a question about Rab gear. I’ve only got the Microlight Jacket which is really good. I’m thinking of getting a waterproof, namely the Rab Bergen. Anyone had one or got info on Rab waterproof sizing or general thoughts? I’ve currently got an Arc’teryx Zeta AR which I’m not too impressed with so will be selling.  Thanks. 

Keith

AlanLittle 17 Nov 2018
In reply to keithyboy:

I've had poor experience with the Event fabric that that jacket is made of. It, and a few other similar fabrics, are billed as being more breathable than Goretex, but I find they quickly start letting more moisture through in both directions.

Tried a couple & have gone back to good old fashioned goretex, accepting that things might be a bit sweatier.

Ridge 17 Nov 2018
In reply to AlanLittle:

Same here. I'm also a bit wary of the durability of rab fabrics these days. Mrs Ridge had two replacement rab waterproofs due to the fabric wearing badly after a single use with rucsac. A vapour rise I bought her did exactly the same.

In reply to keithyboy:

Bad experience with RAB waterproofs (Event) and their after care left a lot to be desired, so much so it clouded all my future purchases. 

Post edited at 16:32
 Solaris 17 Nov 2018
In reply to keithyboy:

There'll always be someone along soon enough to ask whether you've thought about Paramo gear, so let me be the one on this thread.

Depending on use, it could be what you're after: I carry a superlight Goretex in my pack for use in the Alps, but for everything else, it's Paramo for me. (Haven't visited Greater Ranges, so can't comment on that.) I've found it much harder wearing than Goretex and if it gets damaged it's pretty easy to repair.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...