Scotland's 10 Toughest Munros?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 14 Nov 2018
Accessing the InaccessibleThere may be an easy path up most 3000 footers, but some are a lot more challenging. From airy scrambles to remote summits that need real determination, here are some of the toughest ticks on the list

Read more
 Harry Jarvis 14 Nov 2018
In reply to UKH Articles:

Notable that most of the 'toughest' Munros are quite spectacular outings, and thoroughly merit the effort required. For my part, I found the 'toughest' to be the dull plods on mountains such Fionn Bheinn above Achnasheen, Ben Klibreck, of which my sole recollection is deep bog, Carn a'Chlamain above Glen Tilt, and Beinn Bhuide, above Glen Fyne. For these, and others, the tough part was generating the motivation to spend time on them, in the full knowledge that there are far finer mountains elsewhere, offering far greater rewards for the effort. 

In reply to Harry Jarvis:

I know what you mean Harry. I'd rather climb Liathach 100 times than spend another day above Drumochter.

Maybe we could do a 10 dullest article too? That doesn't have the same ring but it might actually be a laugh to write.

Harry Jarvis 14 Nov 2018
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Or perhaps, rather than 10 dullest, we could have, in a more positive light, 10 mountains which are not Munros but which merit considerable attention: 

The Cobbler

Stac Pollaidh

Cul Mor and Cul Beag

Ben More Coigach

Ben Stack

Ben Loyal

Quinag

Canisp

Suilven

Sean Kelly 14 Nov 2018
In reply to UKH Articles:

I think it all depends on the weather and conditions as to what is the least rewarding Munro to climb. Even the Drumochter hills on a good winter's day can be quite rewarding, especially if using cross country skies..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...