NEWS: Free Stuff to do at Kendal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 14 Nov 2018
Kendal Mountain Festival is almost upon us, but for those short of cash what is there to do? Thankfully as the festival has grown so too has the number of 'free' offerings throughout the weekend. Here's a quick breakdown of what's on offer.

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

I think we're missing out on a trick with the UKC/Rockfax stand...

Rather than hosting an organised Q&A or panel discussion I think we should be having some sort of angry mob/bar-room brawl-esq discussion on all the things that really matter. Here's my prospective itinerary:

• what grade really is Three Pebble Slab?
  • is E0 the answer to all our grading problems?
  • is use of a bouldering mat on a trad climb heresy?

Thoughts on the back of a (hysterical) postcard.

An interesting idea but if it actually resolved some of these issues it may have the effect of dramatically reducing the traffic on UKC much of which is dedicated to just these questions.

PS Peak or Peaks?

In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

> PS Peak or Peaks?

I'd forgotten that one, gets me every time...

Thankfully the chances of resolution or compromise are limited, so I think we're safe for now.

Niall Grimes 14 Nov 2018

Annnnd, if you like to dance, myself and a couple of friends are hosting a disco night at Ruskins, down on Kendal Main Street on Friday. Free in, with music from 10 to 3. 

Lost in Music, anyone?

Rob you should do one of your pub quizzes!

Offwidth 14 Nov 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

As the news link is about freebies maybe ask:

Are some wealthy climbers beyond parsimonious?

It might of course hit your book sales

Natalie's idea looks more fun. How about you miming 5 climbs/ problems from your guidebooks in some predetermined slots (with a tie breaker question). 4 marks for each correct answer and a point for a feasible near miss.

There do seem to be more families and younger people around in the last couple of years, so something is working in the format.

In reply to Offwidth:

> Natalie's idea looks more fun. How about you miming 5 climbs/ problems from your guidebooks in some predetermined slots (with a tie breaker question). 4 marks for each correct answer and a point for a feasible near miss.

Ha, that could work - although whether we do it for Kendal or for our own Christmas Quiz is another thing altogether.

Post edited at 16:32
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Install a boxing ring, the warm up bouts could be small grievances between posters, through annual rows, winter ascents of summer routes anyone? Leading up to this year's celebrity prize fight, Alan vs Aris against a Telendos sunset background. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...