Sleeping bag liner for active sleepers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tingle 06 Nov 2018

I don’t use a sleeping bag liner any longer as they will 100% of the time be wrapped around my ankles in the morning. Does anyone know of a gadget or remedy? The mummy ones I see online don’t look to have a cowl therefore I don’t see how they are in any way better?

In reply to tingle:

> I don’t use a sleeping bag liner any longer as they will 100% of the time be wrapped around my ankles in the morning. Does anyone know of a gadget or remedy? The mummy ones I see online don’t look to have a cowl therefore I don’t see how they are in any way better?

Active sleepers ?  Pmsl

I actively sleep,  it's good when I get more than 4 hours.   Alas not very often these days.  

Post edited at 03:40
 oldie 07 Nov 2018
In reply to tingle:

Thermal underwear, top, balaclava etc? I'm sure you've tried this and found it unsuitable but it does avoid "wrapped around my ankles" syndrome and the items are versatile.

Dave Cundy 08 Nov 2018
In reply to tingle:

I've got a mummy liner and a bigger rectangular liner.  I much prefer the latter as I have less need to ' wriggle free'.  Same goes for mummy sleeping bags (I'm a convert to wider quilts).

If you have a mummy liner with a cowl, flip the cowl and hook it over the end of your mat. That stops it slipping towards your feet.

olliehales 08 Nov 2018
In reply to tingle:

Cannot get on with liner either, have a rab silk liner (mummy shape) and it always gets tangled.

Just wear thermals/clothes instead now.

Toerag 08 Nov 2018
In reply to Dave Cundy:

> If you have a mummy liner with a cowl, flip the cowl and hook it over the end of your mat. That stops it slipping towards your feet.

That doesn't allow you to cinch the hood up around your face when it's cold though.

to the OP - liners are so rubbish, the two I've tried (lifesystems silk one, and cheapy blacks cotton one) simply aren't long enough so you get face/hair grease on the hood of your bag, and the foot on the cotton one has a vertical seam trapping your feet together. Any suggestions on a good liner?

1poundSOCKS 08 Nov 2018
In reply to tingle:

My cotton Quechua rectangular liner has served me well. Silk liners tend to tangle more.

Tim Sparrow 08 Nov 2018
In reply to tingle:

You can get a silk liner with Lycra side panels. Works well, expensive but the liner doesn't rip so it lasts longer. Current one now on 4 years and going strong. Used to last about 2 years before shredding them!

Flinticus 08 Nov 2018
In reply to oldie:

> Thermal underwear, top, balaclava etc? I'm sure you've tried this and found it unsuitable but it does avoid "wrapped around my ankles" syndrome and the items are versatile.

This. I used a liner but don't anymore. Socks, thermal underwear, hat and top.

That liner with lycra side panels might be worth a go.

Welsh Kate 09 Nov 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Have a look at Jagbags, they do extremely long silk liners.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...