Fit of Mammut boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 06 Nov 2018

I'm looking at Mammut  Kento High boots online and they look good. I don't have any stockists of this type of boot nearby so I am thinking of just taking a chance on them online. What is the fit of them like??. I've been using La Sportiva and needed size 43 in those. Meindle I can use 42. Zamberlain was also 43

skygod78 07 Nov 2018
In reply to goatee:

Go for the same size you are in Sportiva boots, Mammut boots are however a little wider.

That’s a direct comparison between Batura 2’s and the Nordwand.

OP goatee 07 Nov 2018
In reply to skygod78:

Cheers for that. I think I'll give them a go. 

andyd1970 07 Nov 2018
In reply to goatee:

I've got la sportiva evo s and extremes and they were about the same size as the Mammut boots I used to have 

In reply to goatee:

I've got a pair of the Kento High here, I'm wearing them now. They're nice boots, quite light and comparatively soft and flexible for what's ostensibly a B2. Fit-wise, they feel quite narrow at the toe, and this may partly be because they're notably asymmetric compared to some others. That's a surprise to me as I've found in the past that Mammut/Raichle footwear tends to suit my broad feet, but in this case less so. If you've got narrow-toed feet they'd be worth a go  

tagscuderia 08 Nov 2018
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Definitely a departure form their other boots! I found that the Kentos exerted too much downward pressure on my MTP joint (big toe) and after 30 minutes, couldn't take them off quickly enough. Shame because I love their other boots.

@OP, Kento 47 was spot on for me, forgetting the above issue. I'm a 47 in Scarpas but cannot wear La Sportiva, too narrow.

OP goatee 08 Nov 2018
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

I've ordered them. I'll update on comparative fit when I get them. Thanks

OP goatee 19 Nov 2018
In reply to goatee:

After using the boots I would say that the fit of them is actually slightly snugger than La Sportiva. Didn't seem to be any wider and cups the heel really nicely. They feel really nice on rock as well. Looking forward to many outings in them.

In reply to goatee:

I've been getting on well with my review pair too. I was worried they'd be too asymmetric at the toe for my big plates of meat but so far so good. Nice to scramble in. Maybe a bit light/flexi/soft-ankled for doing much winter mountaineering but the jury is still out on that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...