climbing Tattoos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jedi1969 13 Oct 2018

A mate of mine got a climbing tattoo ( You could say)

Just looking for a good one myself

just wondering who has wot pics pls. 

gribble 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

My stomach looks like a well climbed ice route - gleaming white with a smattering of small holes.

Post edited at 13:10
OP Jedi1969 13 Oct 2018
In reply to gribble:

Sounds nice But not what i'm looking for.

McHeath 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

You could get a life size Whillans harness done.

webbo 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

what about a penis on your forehead.

Andy Hardy 13 Oct 2018
In reply to webbo:

U ok hun?

Andy Clarke 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

On my left shoulder I've got the I Ching hexagram Sheng, which translates roughly as 'progress upward.' But I'm a sad old hippy with an unhealthy belief in the importance of dumb luck in human affairs. 

toad 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

A life size camalot 5 pointing down your back to that huge offwidth crack just below your waist

MonkeyPuzzle 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Tom Randall and Pete Whittaker starting up at your arse crack from the inside of your thigh with a speech bubble "Yeah, it'll go".

Lemony 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

There’s a chap at our local wall with a nut, a cam and a screw gate tattooed on his face and neck. I got chatting to him once and it transpired he’d never actually climbed outside... fair enough I guess, it’s his face.

pec 13 Oct 2018
In reply to McHeath:

> You could get a life size Whillans harness done.

Which do you think would be more painful, having a Whillans harness tattoed accross your 'nads or falling whilst wearing one?

OP Jedi1969 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Sometimes I wish I never asked 

But the Tom and Pete idea sounds cool !¥!! 

trouserburp 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Grade conversion table would be handy

MarkH55 13 Oct 2018
In reply to pec:

Early advice to me in my Whillans was to lay back and relax, probably good advice when getting a tat, as well 

RX-78 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Get a contour of your favourite mountain or whatever. Like the contour mugs by peak district design

McHeath 13 Oct 2018
In reply to pec:

> Which do you think would be more painful, having a Whillans harness tattoed accross your 'nads or falling whilst wearing one?

Think I'd risk the fall!

In reply to Jedi1969:

How about a discreet Gecko, maybe textured with a figure of 8 pattern?

rockcatch 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

In terms of mountaineering and climbing designs, I’ve got a gecko on my left arm, a tribal mountain design at the top of my back, an eagle and mountain on the right arm, a compass on the left forearm, as well as a wolf with mountains on the back of my right leg. The gecko is the one I got specifically to represent climbing, and the others for different parts of my mountaineering activities. 

olddirtydoggy 13 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

What about Alex Honnold climbing out your arse?

beardy mike 14 Oct 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

At least make it Pamela Shanti Pack... I mean Honnolds a lovely kid but Pamela is the Queen of Crack...

Roberttaylor 14 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Don't get a compass, totally useless for navigation.

Tom Valentine 14 Oct 2018
In reply to toad:

How come you know which size cam?

d_b 14 Oct 2018
In reply to Roberttaylor:

You aren't one of those idiots who advocates navigating with a smartphone tattoo are you?

An accident waiting to happen!

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> How about a discreet Gecko, maybe textured with a figure of 8 pattern?

Here's one I made earlier...

https://imgur.com/0Mvzv4n

Oogachooga 14 Oct 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

You've planted a seed, one for which will stay with me for every drunken night. I hope to never pass a tattoo parlour pissed from now on!

Jamming Dodger 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Isn’t this just getting a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo? Seems strange to be scouting for ideas from strangers for what to get permanently marked on you. 

Just (please) don’t get anything in a language you don’t speak/ read/ understand. I know someone who had whatever it said inked onto his upper arm. Apparently it was something “deep and personal” but it was (is) a brush stroke away from saying a very bad four letter word beginning with C. Once I’d seen it I couldn’t unsee it and he has to live with it day in day out. 

I have one tattoo on the inside of my forearm. It’s smaller than a ten pence piece. Is it awful? No, it’s a fairly simple design of a sport I love. Do I regret it? A little. It’s a bit pointless really. 

In reply to Jedi1969:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgBsmUrn6Fc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This isn't on me. but it is something the guy who has done the majority of my tattoos did. The closest thing I have to something climbing related is a mountain scene set in the top of an anatomical skull, which sits on my left deltoid.

My personal advice/input would be to go with an indirect reference, maybe something focused around the outdoors, or the idea of adventure, rather than a bloke on a cliff face or something. But as always, each to their own.

Post edited at 08:47
 malk 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Ben Fogle has 8848 on his wrist..

nniff 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

Someone asked a friend this question about 10 years ago.  Joking, he suggested a big pair of angel's wings.  You'll never guess what......

subtle 16 Oct 2018
In reply to nniff:

> Someone asked a friend this question about 10 years ago.  Joking, he suggested a big pair of angel's wings.  You'll never guess what......

Ok, go on then, do tell

wilkie14c 16 Oct 2018
In reply to Jedi1969:

A tat of some tat?

forarainydave 17 Oct 2018

Got a few traditional style ones on my left forearm that is slowly turning into a sleeve (bizarrely I decided to start at the wrist and go up). Everything appears somewhat random but almost all of them have a really nice memory or meaning to me. All apart from a 9 legged octopus that I just decided I wanted one day, which I guess represents spontaneity or something awfully millennial and meaningless. Got a couple more planned in but better things to spend money on at the moment, and worryingly I realised that they're nearly all the same as Justin Beiber's.

I would advocate going down the more symbolic outdoor/adventure route over something too literal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...