REVIEW: Five Ten Quantum VCS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 12 Oct 2018
The Quantum VCS in action on Black Rhino, 4 kbThis stiff down-turned velcro shoe gives a lot of power in the toe and heel whilst maintaining good levels of support. It is surprisingly comfortable for such a down-turned shoe, making it an excellent option for sport climbing as well as bouldering.

Read more
Foghorn J. Leghorn 12 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

You don't know what you're talking about boy. Five ten heels fits perfectly, I says perfectly. Fits my feet like a glove, I say a glove, boy.

Reach>Talent 12 Oct 2018
In reply to Foghorn J. Leghorn:

I see you you have five ten shaped feet as well!

https://goo.gl/images/pCbqx5

Removed User 15 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Gear:

How does it compare to the (blue, laces) Quantum?

ripper 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Removed UserDocLemurian:

> How does it compare to the (blue, laces) Quantum?

Yes I wondered this too - Anasazi VCS are my 'go to' shoes and I had high hopes for the Quantum, but the lace version doesn't seem to fit my feet at all well.

Theo Moore 15 Oct 2018
In reply to ripper:

I've not tried the blue Quantum so I can't compare. In comparison to the Anasazi VCS I'd say they are a tighter fit around the forefoot but slightly looser around the heel - I've not had an issue with my heel slipping out of the Anasazi VCS. The heel on the Quantum VCS is certainly a lot looser than the heel on the Anasazi Pro which is super tight, as is the forefoot.

Here's my review of the Anasazi Pro for comparison: https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/footwear/rock_shoes/five_ten_anasazi_pro-10...

Andy Farnell 15 Oct 2018
In reply to Removed UserDocLemurian:

> How does it compare to the (blue, laces) Quantum?

I tried a pair of the VCS during a 5.10 taster session at the Hangar. In comparison to the laces I had to go up a full size. They felt more downturned and slightly stiffer, better on the steep stuff and more precise. Definitely more aggressive than the laces. They'd be better for bouldering but less suited to all day trad climbing.

Hope that helps

Andy F

Post edited at 18:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...