New B3 Winter Boots: Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cacheson 11 Oct 2018

Hi all,

I'm looking for B3 recommendations. I've had a pair of Nepal Extremes that have survived 2 resoles and quite a bit of climbing, but they are now pretty gubbed. I'm mostly looking to use them for technical mixed climbing, but also want to be able to walk in them without being crippled. My feet are pretty narrow at the heel and wider at the front.

I'm particularly interested to hear about the durability of boots like the phantom guide, phantom tech, batura and g5. One of my climbing partners had his batura zip split while abbing on the north ridge of the Zinalrothorn: he was not particularly impressed. Is this common or a one off? I'm basically trying to figure out whether it'll be worth shelling out the extra money, or if I should just go with another pair of extremes or similar.

Cheers,

Chris

pass and peak 20 Oct 2018
In reply to cacheson:

Just get another pair of extremes and be done with it! Plus there about the cheapest pair of B3's you'll get.

I, like you have narrow heal and wide forefoot with a lot of volume across the arch, extremes are the only ones that fit. Last year I made the mistake of changing to Nepal Cubes as I heard they where the same fit but lighter and warmer. There not in either respect, there's less volume across the foot and the heal area appears bigger. When they wear out I'll go back to extremes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...