PRODUCT NEWS: The North Face Summit L6 Belay Down Parka

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 08 Oct 2018
The Men's Summit L6 Down Belay Parka in Antarctica, 4 kbStaying warm and dry during belays can make the difference between success and failure. Designed for long, cold belays in variable weather, this harness-compatible 800 fill down parka features dryvent™ overlays in key zones to keep you warm, dry and focused on the next pitch 

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

What is the actual fill weight of goose down, how much of 800fp is there to keep you warm?

Stuart

DanielJ 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Stuart the postie:+1 

I can't find it. Curious cause the jacket looks rather tempting otherwise

In reply to Stuart the postie:

Hi Stuart, good question...

We've sent a message to TNF to see if we can find out, hopefully we'll have an answer back shortly.

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Also, is it fully baffled or stitched through construction?

Stuart

In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Quick Google, yip baffled, over 1100g total weight (660g in review). Nearly twice the weight!

Not a good review......

Stuart

Post edited at 21:40
 FactorXXX 08 Oct 2018

> Not a good review......

The weird thing is, is that the News item (as far as I know) is supplied directly by North Face and therefore any errors, etc. are entirely their fault.
Hope it's not an indicator of the quality of the actual garments...

DanielJ 08 Oct 2018

840g in Mens medium as far as  I can see. Still heavy and way off stated weight though.

leon 1 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Stuart the postie: So this ad on UKC states 660 g and yet other sites advertising it (Brighams/Alpine Trek) are quoting the weight at 840 g but Outdoor Magic quote 1100 g.  I suspect  the latter is closer as they have actually tested the jacket (unless they had an earlier version ?)

Post edited at 21:54
In reply to leon 1:

I took weight from Outdoor Magic.

Stuart

DanielJ 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Stuart the postie: that review is 1.5 years old. This is probably a new lighter model. Anyhow TNF will probably clear this out.

Theo Moore 09 Oct 2018

Hi guys, I asked The North Face Stuart's original question about fill weight to which they answered: "There is 271.8g of 800 fill power RDS goose down in the entire garment".

We are about to receive this piece in for review, plus another piece from the Summit Series, so we will be able to give our own assessment of the specs and performance in a couple of months.

As DanielJ says this is a new model for 2018 which has been updated to coincide with their Antarctica Expedition - there will be a film of the expedition shown later this year and the trailer is currently on our homepage. 

If you have any more questions please let me know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...