HELP! Arolla 283 map in Kendal area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Davies 07 Sep 2018

Hi all, heading off to Arolla early doors Sunday and just perused my map shelf, thought had it but only got (2) copies of Matterhorn 5006. Does anyone in Preston/Lancaster/Kendal area have the Arolla 283 swisstopo map I could borrow for a week? Can pick up Preston area today or Lancaster/Kendal area tomorrow. Needle Sports in Keswick have it in stock but not heading up that way and too late to post now... Fly Sunday 0700 Thanks in advance - know it's a long shot!

In reply to Martin Davies:

You should be able to pick one up in Evolene. There is a little outdoor shop in the village, I'd be surprised if they didn't sell maps of the area. Might cost you 20CHF.

You'll pass through Evolene going up to Arolla anyways, its worth a wonder around town anyways. Nice place. 

Post edited at 15:41
 99ster 07 Sep 2018
In reply to Martin Davies:

I don't know if this is suitable for you - but the 'Swiss Map Mobile' app (just search for that on iOS App Store) is very good, no need for a paper map, and you have built-in GPS location on the map...just like ViewRanger.  You can even download a section of a map for free for the area you're visiting.

In reply to 99ster:

> no need for a paper map

I would always recommend taking a paper map and compass with the app/GPS as a backup. 

Recipe for disaster - the SwissTopo app is however very useful. 

Post edited at 15:46
OP Martin Davies 07 Sep 2018
In reply to Harrison_Connie:

Thanks for all replies, friend who works at George Fisher got one for me and I'll pick up tomorrow Lancaster way. Good advice though - will check out the app!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...