Patagonia Knifeblade softshell?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
monsoon 01 Sep 2018

Hi

Has anyone used the Patagonia Knifeblade softshell? Any experiences in different seasons? Is it more a winter softshell or okay for summer, autumn etc too? Layers underneath you’ve had success with? 

Thanks

crustypunkuk 01 Sep 2018
In reply to monsoon:

I've had two. Really really good softshell layer that's warm for summer conditions but perfect outside that. I used it often over a base layer in Autumn and on dry winter days. Very windproof and one of the best hoods I've ever used. They're quite hard to get hold of due only being produced for about a year so if it's a good price, buy it.

monsoon 01 Sep 2018
In reply to crustypunkuk:

Great thanks. I’m thinking for autumn cragging over a thin synthetic? and bluebird winter days maybe over a micro grid fleece. Not sure how it compares to my current soft-shell (Arc Psiphon) as don’t want to duplicate and have a Nano Air too?

crustypunkuk 01 Sep 2018
In reply to monsoon:

It's much sturdier than the psiphon. I wore a lightweight merino layer in all but winter where I had a base and mid layer under the kniferidge. I have a Nano air too and it's a fantastic jacket, but nowhere near as windproof. It'd make a great midlayer under the patagucci though. 

Post edited at 23:01

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...