Fall at Plantation on Sat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Hy 28 Aug 2018

Thank's everyone that helped me after I fell.  The two guys climbing next to us, the Air Ambulance  Doctors and crew, the MRT and of course my buddies from Stafford.  I'm at home now recovering from a broken elbow, a long process I fear, but I will be back.   Be safe out there peeps but in times of strife the climbing community comes together.

Babika 28 Aug 2018
In reply to Paul Hy:

Great post! 

I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery Paul

tehmarks 28 Aug 2018
In reply to Paul Hy:

Welcome to the 2018 broken bone club! Glad to hear you're (relatively) alright, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Timmd 29 Aug 2018
In reply to Paul Hy:

Bodies are good at healing, it's what they do. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

In reply to Paul Hy:

Sorry to read this Paul. Strife on Paradise it would seem. Best wishes for your recovery.

Nik

Andy Peak 1 29 Aug 2018
In reply to Paul Hy:

Silly sod! Hope you get better soon. 

climberchristy 29 Aug 2018
In reply to Paul Hy:

Hi Paul. I'm also in the broken bones club. Bad fall 7 weeks ago. Like you had air ambulance mrt etc. Fractured thumb on one arm and very badly multiple fractured wrist on other arm. Surgery 6 weeks ago. Wrist full of metal.  However 6 weeks on its amazing how much it's improved. Still a long way from climbing again but able to run now and driving again and able to do day-to-day stuff reasonably normally. So ... keep your chin up and you'll soon be on the mend. Good luck and heal well. Cheers Christy 

tehmarks 29 Aug 2018
In reply to climberchristy:

You'll hopefully continue to be amazed at how quickly the body can make recovery happen. I broke my tibia quite badly in February, and four months later I was (arguably ill-advisedly) back in the Alps with axe and crampons. Six months on and I feel virtually 100% despite the lengthy bit of titanium in my leg - back playing ice hockey, running, climbing and all of that fun, with no issues, discomfort or sensitivity.

The human body is an amazing thing sometimes.

ianstevens 29 Aug 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

> You'll hopefully continue to be amazed at how quickly the body can make recovery happen. I broke my tibia quite badly in February, and four months later I was (arguably ill-advisedly) back in the Alps with axe and crampons. Six months on and I feel virtually 100% despite the lengthy bit of titanium in my leg - back playing ice hockey, running, climbing and all of that fun, with no issues, discomfort or sensitivity.

> The human body is an amazing thing sometimes.

Massively helped by our ability to intervene with the natural repair process and help it out. (Which is equally fantastic that we have the knowledge to do so)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...