Primus stove - where to get repaired?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FranC 26 Aug 2018

Hello,

My primus stove - unsure which model - has a worrying habit of shooting out flames from part of the metal tubing i.e totally the wrong place!  I'm keen to get it repaired and have tried to get in touch with primus multiple times but to no avail.  Can anyone suggest a place where I can get it repaired other than primus?  Google search doesn't bring up much.  Thanks in advance.

HeMa 26 Aug 2018
In reply to FranC:

Post a picture, se people can see which model. 

Most likely Primus nor retailer will not fix it. But on some/most have replaceable parts. 

It’s that or talking with a proper welder (ie. One that does gas piping installations).

HeMa 26 Aug 2018
In reply to FranC:

The picture is there, but you need to change it to be viewable to everyone. 

Root1 26 Aug 2018
In reply to FranC:

Sounds like the hose is leaking. Base camp supplies masses of spares. Try here. Site navigation is iffy but persevere, eveything is there!

http://www.base-camp.co.uk/

Post edited at 10:12
OP FranC 26 Aug 2018
In reply to Root1:

Thanks very much for everyone's help!  I have (hopefully) changed the photo so that everyone can see it and will have a look at that website.  Cheers.

tjin 28 Aug 2018

Don't have hands-on experience with that specific one, but have you just tighten the connection? I don't remember those kinds of connection having gaskets. So should be fixable by tightening. 

jezzah 28 Aug 2018
In reply to FranC:

Hi there,

I have the exact same problem with my stove (see from about 20 seconds in)

youtube.com/watch?v=k4ROhVpM-gc&

I contacted Primus support and they were not particularly helpful in solving the problem so I bought a new one instead! I still have the one that doesn't work just in case a solution is found.

Good luck

ClayClay 29 Aug 2018
In reply to FranC:

If you need spares, base camp will stock the part you need. However I think a good service should fix it. The part leaking is where the pre-heat tube enters the bit where the jet injects the fuel vapour and mixes it with air. If you unscrew the bits you will find a removable part with a tiny hole in it, I think this whole assembly will just need cleaning and screwing back together.

Failing that, you may isolate what part might be damaged, in which case you can order replacements from base camp.

OP FranC 31 Aug 2018
In reply to FranC:

Thanks everyone!  Will have a look this weekend and hopefully get it sorted!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...