Resilience, robustness, and health

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wi11 19 Aug 2018

Hi,

I'm a PhD researcher at Bangor University conducting some research into resilience, robustness, and health. This is a topic that I have become interested in as part of my role as Welfare Officer for Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team, where I am trying to improve the support available to team members.

It would be really good to collect some data from climbers, as people who are often faced with various forms of adversity/difficulty. The questionnaire (link below) should take about 20 minutes to complete and is made up of multiple choice type questions (perfect for a rainy afternoon).

http://bangorsport.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6Sh97lFvZJfijEV

By taking part you are helping us further the understanding of how psychological robustness and resilience relate to personality and our overall sense of health.

If you have any questions about this study please feel free to comment below contact me via email - w.hardy[at]bangor.ac.uk

Many thanks

Will Hardy

Posted with the permission of UK Climbing

Tony Jones 19 Aug 2018
In reply to wi11:

Done.

profitofdoom 19 Aug 2018
In reply to wi11:

Done - answered the huge list of questions ha-ha  - good luck with your research

GoneFishing111 19 Aug 2018
In reply to wi11:

Bloody computer froze halfway through, are the repeated questions deliberate?

toad 19 Aug 2018
In reply to GoneFishing111:

> Bloody computer froze halfway through, are the repeated questions deliberate?

Usually are in this sort of thing 

PM 19 Aug 2018

> … are the repeated questions deliberate?

Maybe they’re secretly the whole point of the survey, and are designed to measure your patience/resilience?

OP wi11 20 Aug 2018

There are some questions that are very similar to other, but I don't think there should be any duplicate...However, I think the questionnaire platform is fairly robust, so if you completed the questionnaire and saw the message at the end your response should have been recorded. Although if you click the link again and it takes you back to the middle of the questionnaire then maybe not! 

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to complete the questionnaire so far. This sort of research is not possible without other people volunteering their time, so your input is much appreciated!

Cheers

Will

Rory Shaw 21 Aug 2018
In reply to wi11:

Done. Well structured questionnaire 

krikoman 22 Aug 2018
In reply to wi11:

Done, nice one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...