QUECHUA approach shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 14 Aug 2018

Anyone used the Decathlon brand approach shoes - they seem good value at 50 quid (for the MH500 waterproof) but I've no experience of their gear?

Do they fit true to size?

Hat Dude 14 Aug 2018
In reply to pasbury:

Don't know about this particular model but I've been wearing some Arpenaz NH500 leather shoes  a fair bit this summer and they seem fine; I'd say v good value at £32.99

Regarding sizing, I normally take Eng 9 (euro 43) but the 8 (42) in these is a good fit for me

snoop6060 14 Aug 2018
In reply to pasbury:

I had a pair (nh500) that didn't last 4 weeks. 2 of them were in red rocks and the approaches are pretty rugged. But even still, they didn't last long before the material ripped down the side of the shoe. 

mauraman 14 Aug 2018
In reply to pasbury:

I have a pair and used it a few times, including scrambling and easy climbs (Diff). They do the job but quality is not great. Biggest defect for me is that if the ground is even slightly wet, you will soon find yourself with wet feet. I suppose, as with most things, you get what you pay for. I can't comment on sizes as I always have some problem or other so I do make sure I try the fit before buying, which I did with the Quechua and they feel comfortable. To conclude, When this pair dies, I will buy something different. 

Alan Bates 14 Aug 2018
In reply to pasbury:

I have been wearing a pair of the waterproof ones for the past 6 months and they've pretty good, especially in terms of value for money.  If I had one grumble, it is that they seem warmer than other waterproof approach shoes. In fact to me the outer actually looks less breathable.  But that warmth may be a positive to someone who's body runs at a lower temp than mine.

Size wise, I've taken the same size (10.5 - 45) as my previous Salomon approach shoes (they actually say 10.5 - 45and 1/3).  I'd say the QUECHUA is slightly more generous in length than the Salomon, but the same in width fitting.

Would I get another pair? Yes, because I'm less bothered about shagging (technical term), a pair given their price.

Wee Davie 14 Aug 2018
In reply to pasbury:

I've had a pair of the Forclaz Low waterproof ones. I picked them up for £20 in a sale 2.5 years ago. I use them all the time for dog walking and they are still going strong. Really well built. I've not tried to climb in them- judging by the durability of the soles my guess is they'd be pretty poor for that. 

Aigen 15 Aug 2018
In reply to pasbury:

I have a pair. They are brilliant. As good as any 5.10 or Scarpa pair I have had.

QUECHUA NH500

JonoDHawkins 16 Aug 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Again a downvote for the 'NH500' approach shoes - I've been through two pairs and had the upper material come away completely from the sole on both pairs.  Cheap and cheerful if that's what you're after though and they fit comfortably out of the shop (no boxes in Decathlon...).  Now have a pair of Scarpa Mescalitos which have been through more and come out looking better...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...