Top Ascents this week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Duma 14 Aug 2018
In reply to UKC Logbooks:

The top ascent this week (OK, maybe after the N ridge of Latok I) is surely Rhoslyn Frugniet FLASHING Face de Rat (8a+) at Ceuse at the weekend - Hardest flash by a British woman?

Lord_ash2000 14 Aug 2018
In reply to UKC Logbooks:

I don't know, Michael James Spring seems to be having a pretty impressive run of form, going from his first 7b on July 26th to 9a and 8c+ onsight last week.

Should these not be even slightly vetted?

OliverR17 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

I imagine UKC just let some automated software get on with it!

Also suggests in his notes that both routes need downgrading - what a guy(!) At this rate he'll have the first ascent of King Line by Christmas. I wonder if he (or whoever messed with his logbook) realised his recent ticks would show up on here...

climber34neil 14 Aug 2018
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

I wonder if he knows the person that ticked biography and said it was no harder than 7c?

Lord_ash2000 14 Aug 2018
In reply to OliverR17:

> I imagine UKC just let some automated software get on with it!

Most likely yes. Got me wondering if there would be an automated way of filtering out obviously bogus accents. Maybe some sort of running average grade and anything which is logged massively above this gets filtered out. Or if that all gets a bit complicated maybe just a user based flagging system, a bit like on strava where KOM's get set because someone forgot to turn their GPS off when they got in the car, other users can flag up those results as not legit and they get removed. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...