reinforced climbing trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kaiser 10 Aug 2018

My quite old and much loved Montane climbing/scrambling trousers have finally start to fall apart.

They have heavy duty reinforcement at the knee and seat which is ideal for me due to my primitive technique

A direct replacement with the Montane Terra may be best (at £85!) but can anyone recommend any other good options? 

Dell 10 Aug 2018
In reply to kaiser:

Rab Torque are pretty tough. 

d_b 10 Aug 2018
In reply to kaiser:

Still expensive, but you can get the terra for a tenner less if you have or can blag a go outdoors card.

Fiona Reid 10 Aug 2018
In reply to kaiser:

I have several pairs of Rab Torque (turns out a small fits a small female pretty well) and they seem pretty good but at 90-95 quid a pair RRP not cheap! I've always got mine reduced. 

My other half has recently got a pair of these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mens-rock-pants-id_8386897.html from Decathlon.

They are only £40 and seem pretty good but as he's only had them for a month I can't comment re. durability yet. 

OP kaiser 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

Thanks Folks - I'll check those out.   It's the ..er.. 'seat' that I seem to have worn out as when scrambling I always seem to end up shuffling down something or other on my rear end

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...