Sea Cliff Accident/Rescue Photos and Film needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 james mann 09 Aug 2018

I am currently in the process of making a series of films for the BMC about climbing on sea cliffs from a risk management perspective. One of the episodes is about emergency medical care, raising the alarm in terms of rescue and casualty evacuation. It is presented by Dr David Hillebrandt who is a medical advisor to the BMC.

I am wondering if anyone here has any images or film of injuries, rescue and evacuation (especially by helicopter) that they might be willing to allow us to use to illustrate points. One caveat in this is obviously no fatalities. If you have photos or video which may be useful pm me with contact details. I am very happy to discuss the project further with those who may have suitable material. 

Kind regards

James

GarethSL 10 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

Cant offer anything, but I came across this recently and your post reminded me of it. Despite covering some folks misfortune, it is quite an enjoyable and worthwhile read.

https://www.coldmountainkit.com/knowledge/articles/pembroke-rescued-can-dan...

Would make for a humorous short movie , but only if Flight of the Valkyries is used in the scene with the German army racing across the Welsh coastal countryside.

Apparently the BBC covered it but unsure as to whether there is any actual footage from the day.

BALD EAGLE 10 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

Have mailed you!

Cheers Dave

OP james mann 10 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

Thank you to those who have been in touch. Very helpful indeed. To make things easier to send, this is my email.

mannjr28@yahoo.co.uk

Keep them coming.

James

elliptic 10 Aug 2018
In reply to GarethSL:

> Would make for a humorous short movie , but only if Flight of the Valkyries is used in the scene with the German army racing across the Welsh coastal countryside.

> Apparently the BBC covered it but unsure as to whether there is any actual footage from the day.

Not from the actual rescue but it was re-enacted in full for the "999" TV series a few years later (mid 90s). I seem to remember it was actually quite well done with Luke, Craig and indeed the German army all reprising their original roles, no Wagner on the soundtrack though unfortunately.

(That programme ran for about ten series, basically the precursor of all the current "what's your emergency" type reality shows but before they had real dashcam and gopro footage etc to use...)

In reply to james mann:

Thanks again to those who have contributed. Keep them coming. 

James

In reply to james mann:

Bump

Thomasstewart 11 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

Well somine out there was filming their climb of Dream of White Horses and capture quite a bit of my mate taking a 40m lob of Wen just as he approached them in their belay. One of his ropes cut and the other hooked on a spike of Rock just 5m across me and that plus my belay is what stopped him piling into the rocks in the Zawn. Once he came round he managed to Prussick up the remaining rope, (he had a dislocated ankle and fractures in on each leg and fractured knee cap on the other, with open slice to the bone). Once at the spike I manage to swap him into snapped end and haul him to belay. I clicked out and then we hauled him up the cliff so Helicopters and coastguard could get to him. Remember watching him fly past! If anyone out there ever remembers that they did capture including helicopter etc... did send mate a copy but note sure where it is now. 

philluu 11 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

I am not sure if you are looking for personal footage only, but a sea cliff rescue was recorded in this BBC program https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b096s67z

gg4419 11 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

Hi James,

I seem to remember Frank Cannings showing a video at the Count House a couple of years back with the Lundy rescue?  I could be wrong or you may already have it.

Hope you’re well.

Gareth

aostaman 13 Aug 2018
In reply to james mann:

Contact St Agnes coastguard cliff rescue. See link. They might have some footage. 

Hope you are well James. 

https://m.facebook.com/St-Agnes-Coastguard-Search-Rescue-Team-4601509840795...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...