New Yorkshire limestone guide, any plans?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 04 Aug 2018

Hi,

Was just wondering if there was any plans for a new Yorkshire limestone guide any time soon? I know there's a lot of stuff on the leedswall database, but there's so much about up here it is no doubt a mammoth task to incorporate it all into a guide, however i would love to hear that one is in the process.

Cheers

Frank

1poundSOCKS 04 Aug 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

I did hear a while back there were plans for a Wired guide. The latest Northern Limestone Rockfax is reasonably up to date.

OP Frankie boy 05 Aug 2018
In reply to 1poundSOCKS:

Great thanks, was just wondering, as the new Yorkshire grit guides have been out a while now and just wondered if a new Yorkshire limestone guide was the next logical progression....... There certainly seems to be enough new stuff to think that maybe it would even become 2 volumes.

I have the rockfax but I much prefer the comprehensive guides. Maybe a new wired one would be a step forward.

Ally Smith 06 Aug 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

The Leeds Wall database is no more! Since the wall went belly-up, the website is down

OP Frankie boy 09 Aug 2018
In reply to Ally Smith:

Damn, thats a shame, I've been to some nice little crags that were listed on there and seemingly nowhere else.

Lets hope the info isn't lost for good.

Sean_J 09 Aug 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

Internet Archive cannot access the routes database or any of the mini-guide PDFs. One of the old Leeds Wall staff will undoubtedly have them, or access to them. Hopefully one of them will be so helpful as to make themselves known and maybe someone else would be so public-spirited as to host them on a new site. If the Depot have taken over the Wall (as the rumour goes) then I would hope that they will resurrect the new routes database and PDFs. In the meantime, maybe https://unknownstones.com cover some of those missing PDFs (and much more)

Will Hunt 09 Aug 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

I can confirm that YMC-produced selected Yorkshire limestone will be included in a forthcoming guide.

OP Frankie boy 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Will Hunt:

That's grand news. I am a big Yorkshire limestone fan so it's good to know that sommats afoot.

Simon Caldwell 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Will Hunt:

No plans for a definitive guide?

Adam Lincoln 10 Aug 2018
In reply to Ally Smith:

> The Leeds Wall database is no more! Since the wall went belly-up, the website is down

Its not gone belly up its been bought by new owners. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...