Work during Winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reader_Rambles 27 Jul 2018

Hi all, 

I had work set-up for the winter but it has recently fallen through, so I am now back on the market looking for a job. Mainly assistant guiding would be ideal for myself, however I do lack qualifications which is why I am looking for the assistant role. I have my RCI (SPA) and experience in the mountains summer and winter. 

If anyone knows of any renters/companies/guides who take on people for such roles please let me know, or of any place which I can look online for a selection of jobs. 

Many thanks, 
LR

annieman 28 Jul 2018
In reply to Reader_Rambles:

Firstly Good Luck with your quest. It is a challenge for those of us that have many years of experience and qualifications to find quality work through the winter.

IOL and Bluedome are sites worth having look at for work.

A number of outdoor instructors will work in retail, climbing walls, fall back on previous careers to keep cash flowing in overwinter. I drive for DHL in the weeks before Christmas (I suspect from your profile that that won't be an option for you).

Something to consider, move to Scotland, to be close to where the winter action is. Bar or hotel work and then get out and play in your spare time. OR sign up for a ski season in the Alps. Lots of entry level positions available - poor quality positions potentially but it is experience and work and equally as important it is a great arena for networking.

Building your network will get you more work in the future and an essential part of being an Outdoor Instructor, guide etc

I'm in Telford if you fancy a chat over a beer sometime to explore these and other ideas.

Good Luck

Robin

In reply to annieman:

I knew it would be along shot, before posting but I know the UKC Community are always very helpful at thinking outside the box or sharing what reality is to some questions :') 

I am looking at my options and think a retail job living at home is a good option so I can save up for driving and a small van or van before the summer so I can go out and gain my ML. 

Cheers for the offer Robin, I am down Pembrokeshire until October but I would like to take up that offer when I return to the shire. 

If I can drop you an email with my number I will keep you posted on Whatsapp for when I return. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...