La Sportiva TC Pro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 01 Jul 2018

Hi

Yip another what size should I get?! Basically I'm a UK8 in approach shoes and mtn boots and 7.5 in Pinks and Gambits. I was wondering what people's experiences are of the TC Pro fit? I want to wear pair of liner socks with them, so what size to people suggest. I've never tried LS rock shoes n before. Thanks 

In reply to droites:

It sounds like my feet are fairly similar in size to yours. My TC pros were 41.5 and I could wear liner socks in them.

Scarpa Mastro Mids should be easier to get hold of/try on in the UK. And you can try on an ordinary Maesto to get an idea of size, if you can't find the mids.

HTH

Mr. Lee 02 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

I use size 46 in TC Pros but normally wear 47 in regular footwear brands like NF or Scarpa. Although in Asics I need 48. They don't need to be so tight because the soles are so stiff. The main thing is that the heels don't slip, which they are maybe more susceptible to doing compared to other shoes due to the stiff soles. 

OP droites 05 Jul 2018
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Thanks for the info. So you dropped 1/2 EU for a fit for thin liner socks?

Thanks again 

OP droites 05 Jul 2018
In reply to Mr. Lee:

Does dropping a full EU allow for liner socks?

Thanks for the info  

Mr. Lee 05 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

Yeah I guess I could wear sock liners with mine, although see no real point for me personally as they're already a comfortable fit that matches my foot shape well. I tend to be very intolerant to anything aggressive but TC-Pros are by far the most technical shoe that I've tolerated. I can wear them on long multipitch routes for as long as is required. 

wilkinscl 06 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

I went down a half size and they were pretty tight at first. A year later they are super comfy but I couldn't get a sock on as well.

OP droites 07 Jul 2018
In reply to wilkinscl:

Sounds like street shoe size (42) might be the one to wear a thin liner sock with. I’ve never tried on Sportiva, mainly 5.10, do nothing to gauge from. Thanks again 

alex_arthur 07 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

I'm a uk 7 street shoe and boulder x approach shoes. My TC Pros are 39.5 and are snug fit with no socks, but I expect they will stretch out in time.

They are a great shoe, would highly recommend if they fit well.

Post edited at 18:20
 RR 08 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

Hope this helps. I am TC-pros UK 7,5. 

La Sportiva Muira Lace and VCs UK 8,5.

5.10 Verdes UK 8,5 and the same for the brown Anasazi Vcs.

I like comfort ...

OP droites 09 Jul 2018
In reply to RR:

Nice one. That’s great info for me. What’s your street/approach shoe size and can you wear any socks with your TCP’s?

thanks again for the comparisons. 

RR 09 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

Old Five Ten Camp 4, UK 9,5 

New Camp 4 UK 9 (horrible fit though, also in UK 9,5 still narrow for my wide feet).

Five Ten Guide Tennies UK 9 (they were great until they changed shape of the toe box). But still useably as reference.

So now it is mainly La Sportiva TX 3 and 4 UK 8,5. Great shoes.  

Street shoes, oh well. I don’t want to talk bout it, a disaster. 

No socks in TC pro's

Post edited at 20:35
 descender8 11 Jul 2018
In reply to droites:

I'm wearing a 12 without socks I'm normally 11,5 without socks if that's any help ! Either way probably the best shoe I've climbed in for comfort- performance ratio ! 

10/10 for the tcpro 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...