Wild camping between Wales and Torquay

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 17 Jun 2018

We're driving from Anglesey to Torquay today and might break the drive up by camping somewhere. 

Does anyone know somewhere that would be okay to pitch up? We would probably aim to arrive at 9pm and be on the road about 9am. I'm sure we will find somewhere suitable but if there's anywhere that it's more accepted then it would be useful to know.

Perhaps somewhere like the Cotswolds or cheddar? Ideally quite close to the M6/5/4

routrax 17 Jun 2018
In reply to James Malloch:

The Cotswolds is about halfway-ish, should be easy to find somewhere to park up there. Lots of campsites around there too if you want amenities.

OP James Malloch 17 Jun 2018
In reply to routrax:

Yes the cotswolds sounds like the best option. If anyone has a specific area that would suit then we will head there, otherwise we will just drive around until we find somewhere.

routrax 17 Jun 2018

If you're in a tent and not moving until 9am, I'd go for a campsite. It gets light at about 4.30am and you'd normally want to be gone by dawn if wild camping.

timjones 17 Jun 2018

You're sure to find somewhere if you mean sleeping in a van, I'm not so sure if you want to pitch a tent without a considerable diversion.

Taking the smaller roads and finding somewhere in South Wales might be your best bet if you're using a tent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...