UKC

NEWS: BMC AGM Results - 92% Option A, Lynn Robinson President

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 16 Jun 2018
In the battle between the two proposed BMC constitutional changes, the membership voted overwhelmingly for Option A - 92% in favour out of nearly 7000 votes - at the AGM in Kendal this weekend. 6% voted Option B and 2 % against both choices, in what was the largest ever vote at a BMC AGM. Lynn Robinson was voted in, becoming the first ever female BMC President, and John Roberts was elected as the new Vice President.

Read more
 Tyler 17 Jun 2018
In reply to Offwidth:

> I thought it worth linking in the other threads for the sake of history.

Why?

Offwidth 17 Jun 2018
In reply to Tyler:

UKC discussions came up a lot in debate at the AGM. Not everyone knows what was said or where and some people who are not regular users might be trying to trace that from the news and opinion threads here. 

There is a lot now to do in phase 2 with the implementation  of the remainder of the recommendations from the Organisational Review Group, and next years AGM will be very busy and there will certainly be renewed interest on some phase 2 comments in these threads then.

Then we have people looking back from the further future . The impression someone might get from reading such threads is the membership position on the debate, especially at the point following on from the compromise at the Open Forum, was much closer (I certainly thought that even though I expected Option A to make the required 75%). That the result was 92% (and remembering there were a few percent abstentions) shows what the members who voted really thought.

Good enough for you?

I'd like to see now if BMC membership actually increased slightly alongside this decisive vote (I'd predict it did).

SuperLee1985 17 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, that's quite some majority! Almost feel sorry for the other guy.

Derry 17 Jun 2018
In reply to SuperLee1985:

There should be an 'and' in the article heading. I read she got 92% too, but more like 66%. Option A got the overwhelming 92

Post edited at 23:22
In reply to UKC News:

Many congratulations Lynn.

Paz 18 Jun 2018

Congratulations.  I voted for you Lynn, you were obviously the best candidate.  It'll be great to have a female pres, and a good one at that, that isn't just a token female.

Sketchy 18 Jun 2018
In reply to UKC News:

Are subs going up then? Happy to splash more to keep the BMC ticking along.

slab_happy 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Sketchy:

> Are subs going up then?

Nope (not at the moment, anyway). As I understand it, that was a back-up motion, which would only apply if Option A wasn't passed, to try to cover some of the increased costs from the SE funding that the BMC wouldn't be eligible for.

Post edited at 11:24
 fred99 18 Jun 2018
In reply to slab_happy:

I wonder how many tight-assed climbers only voted for option A to ensure the subs didn't go up ?

Kipper 18 Jun 2018
In reply to fred99:

> I wonder how many tight-assed climbers only voted for option A to ensure the subs didn't go up ?

>

None?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...