Tower Ridge conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pero 28 May 2018

How much snow is left on Tower Ridge? Is it doable in climbing/approach shoes or is there too much snow at the top?

And North East Buttress?

Thanks

Pero

AlH 28 May 2018
In reply to Pero:

I guided Tower Ridge in approach shoes on Thursday: https://www.facebook.com/pg/climbwhenyoureready/photos/?tab=album&album...

Fellow AMI member Scott Kirkhope was working on NEB yesterday, no mention of snow and looking across to it 2 weeks ago from the CMD it looked completely clear: 32463559_1915132618521545_442790791547453440_n.jpg Since then several people have been running up and down the Ben Ridges enchaining them so I'd expect no insurmountable difficulties.

Mark123 28 May 2018
In reply to Pero:

I was on North-east Buttress on Saturday (26/5) and then Tower Ridge (27/5)  on Sunday.  There's only a few very small patches on the path approach before the start of NEB, but nothing on the climbing route at all. Tower Ridge only required a 3-4 steps on  rapidly disappearing snow in the slot of the detached rock which you go through before reaching the Tower. Otherwise TR was also completely clear. No case at all of too much snow on top on either route. All clear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...