Powerpack for backpacking, suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Run_Ross_Run 27 May 2018

Hi. 

Looking for recommendations of small/cheapish powerpack to take backpacking. Would need to charge a mobile phone and a Garmin GPS  probably just once.

Not sure exactly where to start... 

Thanks Darren 

Mal Grey 27 May 2018
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

I have an Anker. Mine's 13000mAh, its more than you would need, but there are lots of different types available. As a guide, mine does about half a dozen full charges of my Samsung mobile. Anker seems to get great reviews generally.

TobyA 27 May 2018

Someone on here recommended a RavPower one to me a couple of years ago, 16000 mAh, it has been really good and will do my smart phone a couple of times and my little iPod a couple of times too and still have some power left in it. Probably more than you need for an over night trip, but I've used it on long bike rides when I've been navigating a lot using my phone as well. This looks like the closest model in the current line up https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-RAVPower-16750mAh-Upgraded-External-Black...

I've got a much smaller and lighter 3000 mAh one too that I'll chuck in my pack winter climbing and the like as I now use my phone in part for navigating and as a camera, so want to make sure if I got benighted or similar that I'd have some spare juice if necessary. They now do them at 5000 for the same cost as mine is a few years old too https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poweradd-Portable-Technology-Lightning-Included-Bl...

In reply to TobyA:

I’d recommend looking at Anker ones, all sorts of sizes and capacity available. Amazon has loads.

tehmarks 27 May 2018

Another vote for Anker. I have one of their 20000mAh ones for car camping or charging where weight isn't a huge issue (ie a multiday jaunt around the fells rather than slogging up a glacier in the summer sun).

jethro kiernan 27 May 2018

Anker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...