It’s your BMC, and we need your vote

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Team BMC 18 May 2018
premier post photo

Climbing, hill walking and mountaineering are changing. We need your help to shape the future of your BMC.

Did you know that more people now go climbing, hill walking and mountaineering than play football? We’re now the fifth biggest participation sport in the UK: with almost 2 million hill walkers, around 100,000 outdoor climbers and 170,000 indoor climbers. 

Your BMC is growing too.

As the world moves forward, the BMC needs to evolve to move with it – to stay relevant and speak for everyone with one clear voice.

The latest step in our evolution was an organisational review last year, when an independent panel looked at how well our organisation and decision-making currently worked. They came back with a whole range of recommendations on how we should adapt to continue to meet the needs of over 80,000 members.

Now it’s your turn

This year, we’re asking members to vote on some important changes to our constitution. These changes stem from the organisational review, and have been developed by the BMC’s National Council in consultation with membership as the best way forward for the organisation.

You can vote on two options:

Option A (the formal recommendation of the BMC’s National Council) or Option B (developed by a group of BMC members as their alternative).

Every vote really does count. In order for a new constitution to be formally agreed, 75% of the votes must be cast in favour of either Options A or B.

The BMC has made its formal recommendation for Option A, and the final decision is up to you – our members.

Have your say – vote today and help set your BMC on the right course for the future.

Find out how to vote here

Andy Say 28 May 2018
In reply to Team BMC:

> The BMC has made its formal recommendation for Option A, and the final decision is up to you – our members.

Who is the BMC if not it's members?

Southvillain 31 May 2018
In reply to Team BMC:

I'm disappointed with the online voting system. Perhaps I should have read the small print but, I voted in one category then checked out thinking I could log back in later to complete my other votes. Nope. It's a one-time `go', so I was locked out of voting further.

Jules King 08 Jun 2018
In reply to Team BMC:

Can you advise on the office's view of the effect of the John Roberts Motion if neither is favoured or option B is favoured please.

Can you also advise why the Roberts motion has been accepted despite I think being submitted late? within the 45 days please? please also - is it electorally fair to subsequently invite a vote on suspension of the 45 day rule to allow this and the Presidential application of Lynn Robertson to proceed? Is that fair? Did National Council approve the invitation to vote for a suspension? Surely you should suspend the 45 days rule separately and before you knew the likely options to vote on - otherwise isn't doing so at the same time unduly influencing the outcome of a vote? 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...