Cloggy in condition?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mattnuttall 17 May 2018

Clogwyn Du'r Arddu (Cloggy)

suns been out... however it’s early in the season for Cloggy... not much logged on UKC since last Summer. Anyone got any recent info on conditions... dryness? Dirtiness? 

spenser 17 May 2018
In reply to mattnuttall:

I don't think anyone staying at Ynnys ventured up last weekend but I did main wall which was dry other than the chimney on P2 which I'm told is typically at least a little bit damp even in good conditions.

It rained quite heavily last Friday but I would be considering heading up to high mountain crags if I was in the area this weekend.

JackM92 17 May 2018
In reply to mattnuttall:

Spoke to someone who climbed there on Tuesday , he did White Slab, but said many other routes were wet.

Then is absolutely tipped it down on Tuesday night...

Having said that I’ve been after one full dry day twice and climbed Troach and Shrike which both had a few wet holds but were alright.

From the little I’ve seen of the crag I reckon that Troach/Scorpio areas will be dryish.

OP mattnuttall 17 May 2018
In reply to JackM92:

Well hopefully if last rain was Tuesday night... by Saturday it’ll have had 3 full dry days... gotta be stuff dry (he says optimistically)

spidermonkey09 17 May 2018
In reply to mattnuttall:

No idea what you were hoping to do, but troach dries really quick, as does shrike. I've done great/bow in damp conditions and it's doable although a bit engaging . Great Wall will be a while yet I would suspect, as will the cracks. 

Grahame N 18 May 2018
In reply to mattnuttall:

I did Llithrig on 7th May and it was 99% dry. A lot of the big crack and corner lines were wet though. Indian Face looked dry, there was a chap practicing it on a top rope.

OP mattnuttall 18 May 2018
In reply to Grahame N:

Indian Face... slightly out of my league Grahame thanks for info though... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...