Rock shoes for kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CragRat11 10 May 2018

My son has recently started climbing a lot more with me and is now at an age and level where he needs to move out of the baggy kids boots to something more technical with a snugger fit (he's 13).

Unfortunately I can't afford to pay £70 for pairs of boots that will be too small again within a matter of months. Life is expensive, and so are climbing walls....

Wondering if anyone has some fairly technical boots at size EU36 or EU37. He tried on a pair of Scarpa Velocity V's at the climbing wall last night, which are women's shoes but fitted really well and offered lots of support. Happy to pay of course, just would rather get them second hand if possible and there isn't anything relevant on Ebay.

Thanks

(Don't worry. I know I shouldn't be putting my sons feet in brutally tight downturned bouldering shoes!).

springfall2008 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

I normally try eBay for kids shoes, then if they don't fit well sell them on again.

Heike 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

Hi, I have got some Boreal Bambas which I bought quite a few years ago and only wore them a little bit because they were a wee bit too tight after all, I am usually a 37/38, so they might fit. They are a good technical shoe with velcro  and still perfectly fine. You can have them if you like and pay me postage and a beer? 

Cheers

Heike

Post edited at 15:15
OP CragRat11 10 May 2018
In reply to Heike:

Thanks Heike. Have sent you an email!

OP CragRat11 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

Thanks Chris.
Anyone has any experience with the Decathlon shoes?

Decathlon is amazing, but I've never felt compelled to buy any of their shoes!

heleno 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

> Thanks Chris.

> Anyone has any experience with the Decathlon shoes?

I recently bought a pair of these as spares for a long trip (my main pair are Miura velcros).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/vertika-slipper-id_8359207.html

The fit felt really good and on the little try-out wall in Decathlon they performed well on small holds.  However, in the end my Miuras lasted the trip out, so I haven’t used them outdoors yet.

Steve5543 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

My boy recently bought some £40 decathlon shoes, in store only and loves them for indoor bouldering and says will be fine for trad.

freeheel47 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

Hi - which wall do you go to?

I take my 2 kids to the Climbing Hangar in Liverpool- there are assorted kids / parents in the same situation and we have passed on 2 pairs to other families / the general boot stash and have had two pairs in return- you just need to find some parents with a child a bit bigger and a bit smaller and everything will be fine- if you have no phobias about dirty smelly boots! 

krikoman 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

> (Don't worry. I know I shouldn't be putting my sons feet in brutally tight downturned bouldering shoes!).

Then he's doomed to failure!!

Ebay has been our friendly boot supplier for my kids, you can usually sell them on again when they've grown out of them for what you paid for them. Fine until they start to get towards adult sizes.

Andrew Lodge 10 May 2018
In reply to CragRat11:

Think I've got some around that size that my son has outgrown. I'll look them out at the weekend if you're not already fixed up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...