Managing health issues well 'most of the time'...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 07 May 2018

It can be a part of diabetes, that the circulation and nerves in the lower legs can degrade as a part of the condition, more so when blood sugar goes higher than is healthy. I've always come out of the medical exams with my 'average blood sugar level' as being in the healthy zone, while in the back of my mind I've known that it probably isn't always.

I sat funnily on my leg on Saturday evening, and it went numb and tingly, and it seemed to take until into the next day to be fully sorted. I don't quite know whether this is normal, or down to my diabetes, or a mixture of both, but in any case, everything is back to normal now. I've just cycled out to Stanage Pole and both legs feel the same.

What's just occurred to me today, is that even if (for whatever medical condition one has) things are okay for most of the time, that the longer one has it for, the amount of time which isn't 'most of the time' gradually builds up, which is how the negative health consequences can start to develop.

I guess I'm posting this as a bit of a 'heads up' for anybody else who might have diabetes or some other long term heath condition, that 'most of the time' possibly isn't quite good enough during a life span when it comes to managing things most effectively, with health issues still being liable to surface at some point, albeit somewhat delayed, and happening when one is much older.

I'm glad I've had this warning now while I'm still in my late 30's and only ten years into having the condition, with me being able to change things for the better for the rest of my life. From now on, 'most of the time' isn't what I'll be happy with. 

Post edited at 23:17
 aln 08 May 2018
In reply to Timmd:

Anandanthera seeds when lightly toasted produce a fluffy interior substance that when smoked gives a short lived psychedelic experience. 

OP Timmd 08 May 2018
In reply to aln:

It's not my thing, but friends might be interested. I wonder where the seed/name comes from?

Edit: It seems to be spelled like this, anadenanthera.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Anadenanthera_peregrina

Vaguely related to health I suppose.

Post edited at 06:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...