Do you have home insurance with Endsleigh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 amy 20 Apr 2018

Hi all,

Worth reading your policy documents if you have Home Contents Insurance with Endsleigh - their personal possessions cover has a specific statement that they will not cover claims for mountaineering and winter climbing equipment. Its tucked away in the policy wording so thought it worth calling out in case you need this cover.

Generally personal possessions cover would include "sports equipment", so I was surprised to find this statement in the policy wording.

Putting this in the winter climbing forum as its most relevant to readers there.

subtle 20 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

> Worth reading your policy documents if you have Home Contents Insurance with Endsleigh - their personal possessions cover has a specific statement that they will not cover claims for mountaineering and winter climbing equipment. Its tucked away in the policy wording so thought it worth calling out in case you need this cover.

> Generally personal possessions cover would include "sports equipment", so I was surprised to find this statement in the policy wording.

Doe the insuranace company you work for provide this cover then?

OP amy 20 Apr 2018
In reply to subtle:

Your account name and comment combination made me laugh - honestly thought you'd set up your account just to make that comment.

I'm all clear on conflicts of interest here, though you're right that there's a reason I know a lot about insurance and check policy wording.

redsonja 22 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

I have their insurance, but have never noticed this before. Thanks for pointing it out. This is the first year I have used them but will change next year and read the policy wording more carefully!

Howard J 22 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

I had the same problem with mine - most sports equipment was covered but not mountaineering.  I spoke to the broker and they added it at no extra cost.

Michael Gordon 23 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

Thanks. Pretty poor from them IMO, considering one usually selects contents cover up to a certain amount of money, therefore it shouldn't really matter what the contents actually are. Cheers for the heads up to enquire specifically if when I change, the new insurance company does include this.

auld al 23 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

Good job pointing this out. I had noticed this myself  but not until I had already purchased it  

Chris Sansum 24 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

Thanks. I'm going to be shopping for contents insurance soon and this is definitely worth knowing about when choosing an insurer.

doz 24 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

I find most insurers have a specific statement tucked away that they won't cover anything you might try and claim for....

trouserburp 25 Apr 2018
In reply to amy:

Thanks, will cancel renewal. Bizarre

Guess 'mountaineering' would include all climbing equipment because you could use it up a mountain

OP amy 28 Apr 2018
In reply to trouserburp:

Glad this was useful to others. Good luck finding new cover if you need it. 

Trouserburp, agreed, I did wonder how they were defining mountaineering there. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...