PRODUCT NEWS: Alpkit Colca and Kantju Gaiters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 05 Apr 2018
Kantju, 2 kbThe Colca are waterproof and breathable high-cut gaiters for keeping out the elements and debris when hiking, trekking, and backpacking. The Kantju are stretchy and breathable running gaiters for reducing blisters and hot spots when out on the trail.

Read more
 PPP 28 Apr 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

FWIW, I wasn't impressed by them because of the fit/breathability. What really got me is that kimble tags (like these: https://imgur.com/a/Zr7p3S0 ) go through the gaiter itself! There's two of them on each gaiter, so they come with 4 tiny holes in total. There doesn't seem to be any ripstop material, so they might be widen over the time if stretched. 

bouldery bits 28 Apr 2018
In reply to PPP:

That's a weird decision. Is that on the colca or the kantju?

PPP 28 Apr 2018
In reply to bouldery bits:

Colca, the supposedly waterproof ones. The holes are tiny as you'd expect, but let's not talk how watertight that area is! 

I couldn't get them tight enough to nicely seal up the top anyway. Mountain Equipment Alpine Pro Shell Gaiters (note: ignore the naming - it's plain Gore-Tex and not Gore-Tex Pro - shady!) were even more disappointing actually. The drawcord failed in few months time. I got them in January and they broke on Easter weekend. ME decided to refund instead of repair and I can't wrap my head around why. I think they just glue the drawcord on, so I hoped Alpkit's design is going to be more robust. I am back to Montane Endurance Pro Gaiter, which I know it works, but the old pair had few stitches already due to crappy footwork.

A rather pricey adventure, but at least I am back to something I was happy with before. The £60 RRP tag is a bit too much, but after trying on few more pairs, I know what I am paying for. Maybe I should be more careful with crampons... 

bouldery bits 29 Apr 2018
In reply to PPP:

Interesting, thanks.

Luckily my old military spec Yetis are still going strong!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...