Cuillin ridge conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Up2skye 05 Apr 2018

has anyone been up recently? Wondering how much snow there might be. Thanks

Mike-W-99 05 Apr 2018
In reply to Up2skye:

If you've a facebook account then Adrian keeps this bang up to date.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

If you don't then the answer is a lot.

atrendall 05 Apr 2018
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Thanks for the big up, Mike.

Check All Things Cuillin on FB  and also usually share to Ground Conditions and  Scottish Winter Climbing Conditions but the latter does seem to get censored/deleted if it's just a report on expected conditions.

Live and work Skye so pretty up to date with conditions and always happy to share info. Done ridge twice in last couple of weeks so know it reasonably well and happy to advise on beta/conditions etc if people have specific questions. Message me or ask here.

atrendall 05 Apr 2018
In reply to Up2skye:

Here's a link to what the traverse was like last w/end;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/permalink/233246747251220/

Lots mores now since and with forecast high pressure next week, I think conditions could be stunning once the snow settles down a bit.

Up2skye 05 Apr 2018
In reply to atrendall:many thanks for that . I’m thinking to go up next Wednesday. Looking good.

atrendall 05 Apr 2018
In reply to Up2skye:

Next We/Thur looks excellent so hope forecast is right but it's  a long way away.

Just posted a photo of view from SLig last night to give an idea of conditions. Am out on hill this afternoon so will update things later on ATC.  Good luck for next week.

atrendall 06 Apr 2018
In reply to atrendall:

Update now on All Things Cuillin but in a word, the Cuillin is MacAlpine. Loads of fresh snow and raining now in Sconser but with a few days of consolidation things could be great with high pressure next week. Only fly in the ointment might be that temps are creeping up. Have posted panoramic view in gallery but guess will take time before visible. Also on ATC for anyone impatient.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...