Dolomites - half board recommendations (summer)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BMG100 24 Mar 2018

Hi All,

Looking at going to the Dolomites in July or Sept for hiking. Does anyone have any recommendations for good priced half board accommodation. Only 2 of us.

Cheers

Brent

jcw 24 Mar 2018
In reply to BMG100:

The CAI semi-hotel at Sella pass, just down the way from the pass itself (where there is also accommodation) Extremely good cuisine a range of rooms and all at hut prices. I've always stayed there from 1965 to 2014 as did  Ron James.

Rmb1 24 Mar 2018
In reply to BMG100:

Hi

La Muda in Pedraces, Val Badia is very good. Clean, friendly with good breakfast and very good evening meal. Plenty of mountain walks around, ski lift on doorstep etc. Around 50 euros per night half board.

cheers

JimmAwelon 28 Mar 2018
In reply to BMG100:

We like Corvara, in Alta Badia - not your traditionally British destination like Cortina so much cheaper. Camped there before but the next year we went we arrived mid-afternoon before we could check into to the campsite so decided to kill an afternoon with nosing around hotels. Started with the big ones and got showed round everything including their 'well being' facilities. Being summer it was off-season (I think they make their money with the skiers) and they all seemed open to doing deals. As we worked our way down the star ratings the price was coming down towards something we could afford. In the end Chalet Madrisa ended up being just €2 more per person/night than camping. Of course you got breakfast and a bed and no need to mess about with a shower block that you keep forgetting the code for, so we stayed there. They have a website so take a look but don't let those prices put you off. Rather than book on-line you'll find it far cheaper to turn up with cash; like I said it will be out of season and was only just over the cost of the campsite. We paid for a few nights and then just kept topping it up until we moved on. A great base within easy reach of good hiking and VF.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...