The weather forecast says it's raining at Stanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danm79 24 Mar 2018

It's not true is it?

TobyA 24 Mar 2018
In reply to Danm79:

What forecast are you using? Met Office High Neb suggests its not https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcqzd69kf#?date=2018-0... I find that really accurate. A few miles away in south Sheff its grey but not raining. The streets are damp though from earlier rain.

mrphilipoldham 24 Mar 2018
In reply to TobyA:

The cloud base could be down near crag level, so if not raining per se it'll still be damp. It is due to lift though, and with the north westerly wind it could dry up nicely!

Post edited at 10:02
OP Danm79 24 Mar 2018
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks gents - it was the forecast on this site I was using.

I went anyway and it was nice enough this morning, (rained off and in Colemans deli now though)

Offwidth 24 Mar 2018
In reply to Danm79:

Next time look at the rain radar as this shows if it is actually raining and if the radar is animated you can predict the next few hours even if showers are around. Rain Today is one of the best... I check it every time before I climb.

Michael Hood 24 Mar 2018
In reply to Offwidth: drizzle doesn't always show up on the radar. Well at least in Manchester it doesn't

Also, I think all the websites showing radar are using the same base data. Met office one is now every 5 mins so it's now my favourite.

OP Danm79 25 Mar 2018
In reply to Offwidth:

Cheers Offwidth, will do.

Offwidth 25 Mar 2018
In reply to Michael Hood:

I found drizzle usually shows but low cloud (mist and fog) doesn't, but arguing about rain against a Manchester perspective might be unwise

Michael Hood 25 Mar 2018
In reply to Offwidth: funnily enough, Manchester is only 6th in the most rained on UK cities. I think it's Glasgow and Cardiff that take the honours.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...