Advice on women's mountaineering boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MauraLorrissey 21 Mar 2018

Hi All

I am hoping to get some advice for my friend who is blessed with very tiny feet. We are also located in Australia and gear options appear to be limited down under. 

She is looking for a paid of women's La Sportiva Spantik or Scarpa phantom 6000 boot in a size 38 (but preferably size 37). 

I don't know anything about alpine boots, but the trip she is doing is this: https://instagram.com/p/BcateEEnwNX/

If anyone has any recommendations or knows where she might be able to get some boots, she would be very grateful. 

Cheers Laura

Deadeye 21 Mar 2018
In reply to MauraLorrissey:

I don't know about Australia... but the two boots you mention are waaaaaaaaay overkill for a 6000m peak in summer.

For example Scarpa mantas would be fine.

If she can find a couple of brands that fit I'm sure folk here would advise on the warmest.

In reply to Deadeye:

Thanks Deadeye. She is having trouble finding anything here at at and it’s hard to search U.K. shops from here. I was hoping there might be something in the U.K. we could ship over. 

I will see if I can find mantas 

oldie 22 Mar 2018
In reply to MauraLorrissey:

. She is having trouble finding anything here at at and it’s hard to search U.K. shops from here.  <

Must admit to having little knowledge of how the web works internationally but surely if you have address of UK outlets you can search their sites. UKC have a directory of walls and shops for instance, 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...