Smartphone Space

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 14 Mar 2018

I've got a Huawei P8 Lite which I've had for about eighteen months. I've only got a few "non-system" apps which I've put on the SD card. Every so often it tells me I haven't got enough storage space for it to do updates.

I'm getting a bit fed up now of having to clear caches and other unwanted stuff to try and make room and I don't want to have to get another phone yet.

Is there any other way I can improve the amount of storage space?

In reply to mypyrex:

One way might be to start over with it. Ditch everything with a factory reset and reinstall the operating system. 

Yes, it's a faff; but then you can control what gets reinstalled. When I did this on my last phone I went from the circumstances that you're currently enjoying to a phone that was subsequently only half-full.

T.

In reply to mypyrex:

...but do back everything up first, of course.

T.

OP mypyrex 14 Mar 2018
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Thanks for that. Just found my way into doing it via settings etc. When you say Factory reset and reinstall OS is that all one of the same or do I need to look for something else to "reinstall"? Sorry about my ignorance.

balmybaldwin 14 Mar 2018
In reply to mypyrex:

Certain apps (especially social media apps (you may not even use) ) continually automatically update, and each update inflates the app size, often if you uninstall an updated app and then re install it the size is smaller (most apps allow you to uninstall/reinstall without forgetting your settings but you may need passwords)

It might be worth going through them

In reply to mypyrex:

It's the same, I think. As has been alluded to, make sure afterwards to go into the settings on playstore and turn off automatic updates. 

T.

Wiley Coyote2 14 Mar 2018
In reply to mypyrex:

I have a P9 Lite, which is probably very similar. It came with an app called System Organisation. I run it every couple of days - takes about 30 secs - and it usually cleans out a 200 -300 megs of junk each time but it tells me that over the year or so I've had the phone it's cleaned out 79gbs of junk.

Whether that's the same junk it keeps reloading to run stuff like twitter and facebook I've no idea but it could be worth a try if your phone is full of a year's worth of rubbish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...