INTERVIEW: Finlay Wild & Helen Rennard Winter Tranter Double Bill

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 02 Mar 2018
The Ben from Aonach Beag, 3 kbRecent good conditions helped several winter hill records to be broken. On 21st Feb Helen Rennard recorded the first women's winter Tranter round, while 5 days later Finlay Wild broke the overall winter Tranter record. We spoke to them both.

Read more
 French Erick 02 Mar 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Never mind the running, what a list of winter routes!!!! Not that Helen is news to me though, true Scottish winter scene not so dark horse for a few many years now. Well done anyhow!

petestack 02 Mar 2018

You wait so long for a bus then three come at once... a great close to February with Helen, Finlay and Uisdean all achieving impressive things!

Deadeye 02 Mar 2018

Great achievement both!  Well done.

I expect you put salso olo on your breakfast, I always do when I'm proof-reading.

Post edited at 19:50
 damomcgovern 03 Mar 2018

What an amazing achievement. Mental and physical toughness eat your heart out. Must have been pretty awesome on the home straight knowing that it was in the bag. Great conditions for it. Thanks for the interview. 

masa-alpin 05 Mar 2018

Great achievements and great interviews!

Michael Gordon 05 Mar 2018

Under 14 1/2 hrs for 19 munros! The mind boggles...

Michael Gordon 06 Mar 2018
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Having said that, surely it's 18 munros?

Mamores (10), Stob Ban & Grey Corries (4), Aonachs (2), Carn Mor Dearg & Ben Nevis (2) 

Gawyllie 06 Mar 2018
In reply to Michael Gordon:

11 in the Mamores

DaveHK 06 Mar 2018
In reply to Gawyllie:

> 11 in the Mamores

Only 10, Sgorr an Iubhair was demoted.

petestack 06 Mar 2018
In reply to Gawyllie:

Only between 1984 and 1997, when Sgurr an Iubhair briefly joined the ranks of full Munros.

(Too quick, Dave: I was checking the dates!)

Post edited at 08:31
 petestack 06 Mar 2018
In reply to petestack:

> 1984

1981, sorry!

Just to add that it's still a required peak of Ramsay's and Tranter's Rounds because it's part of Charlie's original (1978) '24 in 24 hours' concept for the former and I don't really know why for the latter except that it feels right and isn't a summit there's any advantage in bypassing anyway.

Michael Gordon 06 Mar 2018
In reply to Gawyllie:

No, as I said before, there are 10.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...