Lakes this weekend from London - doable?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fenda 01 Mar 2018

I have a train ticket booked for tomorrow morning from London to Oxenholme. mwis is forecasting up to 100mph gusts higher up. Reckon I can make it? I'd rather not get stuck on the train.

Anyone else considering hill walking over the weekend?

plyometrics 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Fenda:

Wind looks better for Saturday and Sunday.  

Either way, the weather up here won’t stop you still having some good walks out. As I’m sure you know, you don’t need to go high to have a great day out in the Lakes.

Whether the train will make it is another thread entirely!

Hope you do make it and if you do, have a great (and safe) time.

profitofdoom 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Fenda:

Hi, have you checked the train company website (sorry to state the obvious if you have done so!) They should be posting information about tomorrow's services

Good luck

OP Fenda 01 Mar 2018
In reply to profitofdoom:

Yeah, good point. I just looked at Virgin Trains journey check website and a whole bunch of trains going north are only making it as far as Crewe or Preston and no further. I think that may be my answer right there.

profitofdoom 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Fenda:

OK Fenda, and sorry to hear there may be trouble travelling. If it was me I would keep checking, and I would also check if the train company are offering refunds (or free date changes) - I wonder what they say about that

Good luck again

mighty_mouse 02 Mar 2018
In reply to profitofdoom:

You should definitely be able to get your money back. Agree to keep checking tho suspect you'll have sacked it off by now.

All the best.

Rob Exile Ward 02 Mar 2018
In reply to mighty_mouse:

Just like to hijack this thread if I may - what do people think of the idea of  *driving* from Cardiff to the Lakes tomorrow? We've had a long weekend booked for ages and I'd rather not dip out, but on the other hand don't want to be sat on the M6 for 12 hours either.

John Kelly 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

wife drove langdale to kendal this am reported it was fine, no snow langdale today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...