Longer leg crag pant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SebCa 26 Feb 2018

I'm trying to get hold of a longer leg crag pant, ideally BD, 3RD ROCK etc, the ones I currently have are somewhat short resulting in a change prior to climbing. 33-35 inside leg! I appreciate it's a slightly modern world problem but advice is always best sought than continue to look a fool, rather than opening my mouth and proving it.....wait...

I tried the BD Dogma on today and a tad short 

ColdWill 26 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Arcteryx do leg length in some of their stuff. https://arcteryx.com/lu/en/shop/mens/cronin-pant

So do ME and Prana.

Post edited at 22:03
 Greasy Prusiks 26 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Try trousers instead of pants, much longer legs in my experience.  

sarachen 27 Feb 2018
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Good tip. Thanks.

james1978 27 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Ron Hills are nice and stretchy , and have a handy stirup to put under the arch of your foot to stop them sliding up the leg.

benp1 27 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

I need 34 inch leg trousers, I buy long length ones. I have Berghaus, Montane and 5.11 ones, but my favourites are Haglofs. I love the way they fit and they do a long version

I have 2 pairs of rugged mountain pants and 2 pairs of mid somethings, mid flex maybe?

In reply to SebCa:

Mountain Equipment do a good range of trousers and do them in different leg lengths.

However I find  that most shops don't stock the non-std sizes.  The EpiCentre is one exception to this that I know of.

Post edited at 12:30
 Dale Berry 27 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

3rd Rock Nova pants are definitely worth a look. If anything you might find them on the long side!

Post edited at 20:03
 Damo 28 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

I take a 36" inseam and find it almost impossible to get decent length trousers.

I can never find Haglofs or ME available online.

I do have several pairs of these though: http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/Mens-Guide-Pro-Pants/12951063

Which come in various colours and lots of sizes. When on sale (30%-40% off) they are good value and that compensates for shipping, duty etc.

Zgemba 28 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

I have the same problem, almost all pants are either too short or are way to wide. For reference, I usually wear slim fitting 34 waist / 36 instep jeans.

Most E9 models fit me fine, not to wide and more than long enough. I also like bold colours, but there are more subdued options if you don't wish to go full Euro
Highly recommended.  

nikoid 03 Mar 2018

Yep I know the problem. As you say there aren't many options for us long legged types. I am 34 waist 36 leg in jeans. Funny how there is no problem getting jeans this size, but difficult to get outdoor style/climbing trousers this size.

Have you looked at the Kuhl website? I have bought a pair of Revolver Rogues and they are an excellent fit. They are clearly designed for someone with a lean frame, ie not too baggy. I ordered them direct   from the USA (no other option on the website) which makes them expensive with tax, and returns could be problematic, but worth a try for you perhaps?  I suppose you could try asking a stockist in the UK to order them for you as I couldn't find anywhere that had my size in stock.  I suspect it will be easier to buy online though, asking shop assistants to do something slightly unusual for you never seems to go well. One other thing - something told me to go for the 32 waist as they are made of stretch material and they are fine.     

A cheaper option is Craghoppers who do a 35 leg version of their classic kiwi trousers which aren't bad. I can just about get away with this length. However these seem to be only available in navy blue so you will look a bit like a plumber or factory worker rather than a suave and elegant climber and they are more baggy than the Kuhl trousers which in my opinion are much more stylish. 

I don't know why more manufacturers don't supply unfinished hems......

Hope this helps. Cheers.

dan bulman 03 Mar 2018

fjalravens are expensive but great.

nikoid 03 Mar 2018
In reply to dan bulman:

Good tip - I just had a look and they do unfinished hems which I hadn't spotted before. 

OP SebCa 03 Mar 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Thanks all for your replies! Plenty to go at! Fjallraven wise I managed to get a pair of the Vidda Pro trousers which are awesome just one to wait for the sales! Going to have a look at some of the E9 stuff as well. Much obliged to you all!

OP SebCa 03 Mar 2018
In reply to nikoid:

Do Go Outdoors not stock Kuhl??

nikoid 03 Mar 2018
In reply to SebCa:

They do but not the 36 legs when I looked. Let me know if you find them available but sounds like you're going for Fjallraven. Cheers.

In reply to SebCa:

It's no comfort I know, but you don't suffer alone.  What is it with outdoor clothing manufacturers that they believe a long leg length is 33"?

However, that aside, I can second the recommendation for Eddie Bauer trousers made earlier in the thread; they'll have to be imported, but they're good.  And from the sublime to, well, Ron Hills; tracksters have their place and fit the longer leg better if you don't use the stirrup under your foot.  Otherwise, Craghoppers Kiwi classic trousers can be more generous in their leg length than the stated measurement implies.  So you (and I, all 6'4" of me) do have options.

But really there's a gaping profit opportunity for some manufacturer to take advantage of here.  I just wish they'd do so.

T.

Mi|es 07 Mar 2018
In reply to SebCa:

I believe mine are Prana Zions and they have very long legs. Might be worth a look. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...