Favourite Trekking Treat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
More_Than_a_Plod 25 Feb 2018

So, Off trekking in Nepal in March/April and need to take a "treat" for the group to share. Things like Tabasco, sweets, etc have been mentioned but I'm about as imaginative as a... well I can't think of anything not imaginative....!

So I throw myself at the imagination of the anonymous Internet. 

Trangia 25 Feb 2018
In reply to More_Than_a_Plod:

Humbugs!

BobtheBagger 25 Feb 2018

Liquorice Pontefract cakes.

wert 25 Feb 2018

When travelling I always fill the empty space in my nalgene bottle with lots of jelly babies. It saves wasting space and when I get there I decant them into a clean plastic bag and, from this, each day I decant a few into a smaller bag for energy boosts throughout the day. I usually offer them round the group. You can mix in midget gems to making the packing even more efficient! ????

Jamie Hageman 26 Feb 2018

Mega Double Lollies, Lovehearts or Double Dips, or anything by Swizzels!

Flinticus 26 Feb 2018

Terrys Chocolate Orange!

Worcester sauce.

LastBoyScout 26 Feb 2018

Some energy gels were pretty welcome at a low point when I went to Nepal.

Also, go to somewhere like Hobbycraft before you fly, buy a big bag of balloons and keep a few handy in a pocket at all times - whenever you stop, the local kids love them.

d_b 26 Feb 2018
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I find energy gels about as motivating as an emergency can of cat food.  "Hmm.  Actually I think my own arm looks quite tasty!"

I'm a big fan of Marzipan myself.  Some people hate it though.

When you get to Gorak Shep (assuming you are going to base camp), there is often some fantastic treats for sale left by expeditions not wanting to carry stuff back.

I remember buying a snickers bar there for about £2. Tasted like heaven after weeks of dal baht. Having said that, dal bhat is improved no end by an injection of mango chutney, so maybe take that?

jonnie3430 26 Feb 2018

Tangfastics, or individually wrapped chewy sweets if it's hot and the tangfastics will how together.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...