Mounting a fingerboard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kes 18 Feb 2018

Hi

I want to mount my Beastmaker above a doorway at home but, having trawled through the archives, I'm still not entirely sure what's the best way to do it.

First option is to attach it directly to the wall (plaster-covered brick) with 4.8mm x 60mm screws. However, a lot of people suggest mounting it on a backboard, which I would like to do to give a bit more clearance from the wall. I have some 20mm thick board (pine, I think) which could be bolted to the wall and the board then screwed to that. My concern is that if I only use screws to the depth of the board, that I will just lever it off the backboard.

What's the best option? If I use a backboard, should I be securing the fingerboard though and in to the wall?

My DIY skills are limited so building frames and the like would only result in swearing and will be avoided!

Cheers

Kes

Si dH 18 Feb 2018
In reply to Kes:

Screws in to 20mm pine will be fine.

In reply to Kes:

After a couple of attempts at DIY I got this commercial one.  It goes in the doorway rather than above it.  The main drawback is when it is in place you can't shut the door completely.  It comes off pretty easily but you wouldn't want to take it down and put it up again every time you use it.

http://crusherholds.co.uk/fingerboard-hangboard-mounting-device-2

OP Kes 20 Feb 2018
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

Thanks Tom, that looks like it would be a good solution except the doorway no longer has a frame!

OP Kes 20 Feb 2018
In reply to Si dH:

Thanks Si, much appreciated

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...